Biggest win of the year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Biggest win of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Is the series with Florida over? Are there any rumblings of continuing it in the future? They would be a nice OOC team to play year in year out....

Reaction Score
Is the series with Florida over? Are there any rumblings of continuing it in the future? They would be a nice OOC team to play year in year out....

Amore has written a few times that Uconn wanted it to continue but it doesn't look like it's happening, at least not for next year. With seven tough OOC games already on next year's schedule, I have to think that the remaining 5 games will be of the "not quite as tough" variety.

Reaction Score
UConn's BPI is pretty high at 42.

Now, I don't know what BPI really is, but it seems it is RPI plus looking at actual scores inside of games, and looking at plauyer injuries. Given the last second losses to Texas and Yale, and the close game with Temple, plus the injuries to Purvis, Boatright and Calhoun, I guess it makes a lot of sense that UConn is bumped up 40 places in the BPI ratings from their RPI rating.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
BPI is ESPN's own creation that takes into account what you said but it's unofficial so the NCAA doesn't use it as a metric when determining tournament resumes unfortunately.

Reaction Score
BPI is ESPN's own creation that takes into account what you said but it's unofficial so the NCAA doesn't use it as a metric when determining tournament resumes unfortunately.

Yes, I assume that's the case, BUT you always hear about the committee looking at injuries and other factors.

This is why I think something like BPI may actually be relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom