Biggest "what ifs" in UConn History | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Biggest "what ifs" in UConn History

Reaction Score
We were losing in the first half till Geno subbed her in, we started winning and for some reason he took her out later in the
I understand but I was responding to post that said if she stayed another year not about that game

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
All of your logic is killing me ! One little piece of March Memory in the BE Championship is consoling. Shea was dominant in the first half and UConn looked like they were taking control - like during the first half of the FF matchup. My argument may be weakening...but I’m old and a hopeless romantic !

She did play great in the BE title until she went down. UCONN was really good even without her and Svet. It was basically the 2002 roster plus Schumacher, just a year younger. I think the experience of TASS and DT being forced to take on bigger roles than they were likely ready for paid off big time the following year.

Reaction Score
Doty plays injury and ends up an All American with Maya and Elena!

Reaction Score
What if the greatest rivalry in WCBB historynever stopped and Pat never got sick! I would pay top dollar to see that!

Reaction Score
Biggest what if is what if Baylor made the national championship game Stewies freshman year. Would she have been praised as godly and so confident to take over? I personally think the media helps the UConn intimidation and if Baylor wins the year of stewies first championship, she isn’t anywhere near as confident and they don’t seem as invincible.

Reaction Score
The first Final Four team beat Virginia and then Tennessee and won the 1991 National Championship.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stewie had a much wider range of skills on offense AND defense than EDD .. not sure if she could carry a team like Stewie .. ??

Really? EDD isn't chopped liver. 2 time WNBA MVP and has led her team to the Finals 3 times. Not to mention she would've been teamed w/ Maya for 3 years.

Reaction Score
Really? EDD isn't chopped liver. 2 time WNBA MVP and has led her team to the Finals 3 times. Not to mention she would've been teamed w/ Maya for 3 years.
I love EDD .. but just my opinion, I think Bree is in a class by herself

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I love EDD .. but just my opinion, I think Bree is in a class by herself

Certainly Stewie is a unique player. We'll never know but I think EDD and Maya would've been the greatest duo ever seen in WCBB.

Reaction Score
I have regularly said I will always believe UConn wins the NC in 01 if Shea and Svet played in the FF. I have the exact same feeling about 05 UT which had Parker, Spencer, Fuller and SWG on the sidelines by seasons end.

Had EDD attended UConn I think the Huskies probably also win the 2011 championship with Maya.

Reaction Score
My biggest "what if" that nobody else has said and I've thought, pondered and talked about this numerous times with friends:

What if Gabby Williams was 6'3"?

Could you imagine her athleticism and skill set at that height?

Reaction Score
My biggest "what if" that nobody else has said and I've thought, pondered and talked about this numerous times with friends:

Gabby ! Someday I’m gonna study her “record” in jump balls. Almost always got the tip and almost always against much taller players.

mmt

Reaction Score
This thread is very entertaining! Especially for us who know the entire history! And I thought I was the only one who dreamed like this! lol

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

She would have posterized all of WCBB. Come to think of it, she more or less did.

Here’s one: What if Gabby had nailed that last-second fall-away against N.D. in Columbus?! Arike who? :D

Reaction Score
She would have posterized all of WCBB. Come to think of it, she more or less did.

Here’s one: What if Gabby had nailed that last-second fall-away against N.D. in Columbus?! Arike who? :D
What if we made more free throws in the game against Miss State at the final four. That to me is the game we should've won. The game in Columbus we made an insane comeback with us having the last possession for the win in regulation, but ND was up most of the last few minutes. Miss State we had all the momentum with the technical for the hit to head and then and possession where Chong didn't milk the clock enough.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
or even more likely, Wala Wala Washington Community College.

Pretty sure I visited Walla Walla when I was a kid, although I don't remember much about it. This has to be the first reference to it I've seen on the BY. Cashmere, Tri Cities, Walla Walla, y'all are gonna be experts in Washington geography before long.

Reaction Score
What if all the experts were right and it really was impossible to recruit national talent to a cow pasture named after a couple of dairy farmers?

What if ESPN had chosen some other middle-of-nowhere location as their HQ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom