Biggest Surprise This Season? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Biggest Surprise This Season?

Reaction Score
Wish she could bang a bit more inside, but as much as we want her to be Tina, Steph, Kara, or Swinn she was never physically designed that way.She's quick, has great vision and the wingspan to be effective. She also gets her keister down the court in a hurry, in both directions.
I don't see Geno just benching her, but working her in tandem with another big.
She seemed to be very effective with both AE and Aubrey.
Add Dorka and Amari/Piath and we might just have the "Big" combo we need.
To use a baseball analogy, you can go very far with the right platoon system.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
What will be surprising is that Geno will be all smiles.
I'm sure you know better than I do, however I have been a fan and have watched since the last century and have watched Geno game in and game out and unless I've missed it Geno all smiles never happened and it's not gonna happen this year either. Just not his style.

Reaction Score
The big surprise is who is the 5th starter? (assume Paige, CW, ONO, Evina are starters).

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
As a guy who’s about Geno’s age, I can tell you that the only time we wear suits these days is at weddings and funerals, including our own funeral when that day comes…. ;)
With people in the stands, including perhaps his mother, I don't think he'll be suitless all year.

Reaction Score
So we're all expecting big things from this tremendously talented team. I'm wondering who will provide the biggest surprise positive impact on this squad? Dorka? Caroline? Saylor? Amari? Liv? Who's going to have the breakout year none of us expected? I'm guessing Caroline...and that's all it can be...a guess.
Aaliyah is going to kick @$$ and take names.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Nika will play a game with two black eyes.

Just kidding, that wouldn't be a big surprise. Two black eyes and a cauliflower ear, THAT would be a surprise.

Reaction Score
Just a reminder, Liv had an outstanding game vs Syracuse 6’7” Cardoso in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament.

Syracuse came out trying to force the ball into Cardoso in the low post every time down the court, and she scored a quick 8 pts. From that point on Liv played tough defense, largely containing Cardoso for the rest of the game, while putting up 17 pts with 8 rebounds.
Ok, I'll give you that one, but way to many other big non conference games where she didn't show up. She is athletic with a TON of potential and I hope she proves me wrong this year!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom