Biggest Single 72 Hour Upgrade in Talent | The Boneyard

Biggest Single 72 Hour Upgrade in Talent

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm not going to say everyone added since the weekend will be great.
But overall, this is the largest upgrade in talent based off D1 production this program has ever had.
No FCS players. All FBS and many with a bunch of snaps on file.

Reaction Score
Feels like an All or Nothing push, love it. Wonder if the folks that need to be on board(Governor, BoT's, President, even Faculty) are realizing how important it is for UConn to land on their feet when the Musical Chairs stop(or should I say land on their seat)

Reaction Score
I'm excited for this season. It seems like NIL has allowed the team to really upgrade the talent. Previous years felt like practically every recruit/transfer had a list of FCS schools and UConn. This year was different.

Reaction Score
The time is now. No more excuses. Anything less than bowl eligibility should be considered a disappointment given the schedule they have in front of them this year.
I’m not sure about that. Lot of high level competition and new players that have never played with each other

Reaction Score
The time is now. No more excuses. Anything less than bowl eligibility should be considered a disappointment given the schedule they have in front of them this year.

"given the schedule",

There is nothing easy about a schedule that has four almost automatic losses. It's a very difficult schedule.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I’m not sure about that. Lot of high level competition and new players that have never played with each other
yeah…we can’t get too crazy with our expectations. new OC…new QB…and a bunch of players with various levels of experience who haven’t played together before. It feels like a talent upgrade..but most of these transfers transferred for a reason.

I am hopeful Mora can pull these players together quickly to play as a team.

Reaction Score
yeah…we can’t get too crazy with our expectations. new OC…new QB…and a bunch of players with various levels of experience who haven’t played together before. It feels like a talent upgrade..but most of these transfers transferred for a reason.

I am hopeful Mora can pull these players together quickly to play as a team.
Going to be a little rough around the edges in the beginning but this the most talent we’ve had in 25 years. There are more than a handful of real FBS players in the stable.

Reaction Score
"given the schedule",

There is nothing easy about a schedule that has four almost automatic losses. It's a very difficult schedule.

I wouldn't call this a very difficult schedule nor a schedule filled with a lot of high-level competition.

Yes, you can chalk up the Maryland game and three ACC games as likely losses, but outside of that, every other game should be considered winnable. Aside from Wake, they are slated to only face one other top-100 SP+ team at home. Go 5-2 at home and win the UMass game on the road and you have your 6-6 season. I don't feel that is all that unreasonable.

45. MarylandAway
MerrimackHome
48. DukeAway
114. FAUHome
130. BuffaloHome
128. TempleHome
72. Wake ForestHome
92. RiceHome
116. Georgia St.Home
101. UABAway
61. SyracuseAway
118. UMassAway

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I wouldn't call this a very difficult schedule nor a schedule filled with a lot of high-level competition.

Yes, you can chalk up the Maryland game and three ACC games as likely losses, but outside of that, every other game should be considered winnable. Aside from Wake, they are slated to only face one other top-100 SP+ team at home. Go 5-2 at home and win the UMass game on the road and you have your 6-6 season. I don't feel that is all that unreasonable.

45. MarylandAway
MerrimackHome
48. DukeAway
114. FAUHome
130. BuffaloHome
128. TempleHome
72. Wake ForestHome
92. RiceHome
116. Georgia St.Home
101. UABAway
61. SyracuseAway
118. UMassAway
If we want to move the needle, we need to take out one or more of Maryland, Duke, Wake of Cuse. More ACC teams we can beat, the more attention will be drawn to UConn football from conference hq.

Reaction Score
If we want to move the needle, we need to take out one or more of Maryland, Duke, Wake of Cuse. More ACC teams we can beat, the more attention will be drawn to UConn football from conference hq.

Baby steps. It seems when ever we feel like we have upgraded talent we see other programs, who clearly out recruited or out transfer portaled us (see Georgia State, Utah State, USF and FIU ... none exactly juggernauts). Buffalo, Temple, Georgia State, FAU and yes even UMass could have again out portaled us this year. We will have to wait to see. The trend overall hasn't been good, though.

There are very few teams we ever play where we have the better QB or WR's.

Reaction Score
Baby steps. It seems when ever we feel like we have upgraded talent we see other programs, who clearly out recruited or out transfer portaled us (see Georgia State, Utah State, USF and FIU ... none exactly juggernauts). Buffalo, Temple, Georgia State, FAU and yes even UMass could have again out portaled us this year. We will have to wait to see. The trend overall hasn't been good, though.

UMass has never and will never out portal us.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

All I want is enough speed to get separation so that throws our easier/possible. Well, that and being able to actually bring in catchable throws.

If that happens, maybe next year we can add a little YAC.

Baby steps.

Reaction Score
Feels like an All or Nothing push, love it. Wonder if the folks that need to be on board(Governor, BoT's, President, even Faculty) are realizing how important it is for UConn to land on their feet when the Musical Chairs stop(or should I say land on their seat)
The state is allocating $115 million of unspent federal funds to UConn.

CT has hundreds of millions in unspent federal funds. They plan to use the money for UConn, towns and more

After weeks of behind-the-scenes negotiations, state lawmakers are expected to vote Monday on reallocating hundreds of millions of dollars in federal funds for high-priority fiscal items.

Reaction Score
I don't know if this is what we're seeing with this flurry of transfers, but either way I think it would be a wise strategy to vastly overspend on football until the dust settles on the latest round of P4 realignment. This would help us to win now and become a desirable program and silence some of the P4 decision making naysayers. We can always pull back on the spending if we get snubbed again.

Reaction Score
Under Mora and with these new recruits, I think even the four higher ranked teams can be winnable or close games. UConn has defeated ranked teams before.
I think the greatest chance for a win against P4 teams next year is against Wake. Yes talent has improved but still in the 70 to 90 range recruiting/transfer wise. Still should go 6-6 and go to a bowl game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom