Biggest losers in Yard Goats first year --the haters | The Boneyard

Biggest losers in Yard Goats first year --the haters

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Went to a game this year with son, daughter-in-law and the two grandsons when we came up from Florida. The park is really nice, ticket prices are very reasonable. Some very good food venues! The team was okay. But the house was full.

Lots of promos for the "little fans" and that is good! Fireworks after the game. My grandsons had a great time. So did Poppa and Nana! Parking is $5.00 - very reasonable. We took a 7 minute walk and ate dinner at City Steam - always good food and drink there! BTW - our 5 year old grandson loves fried jalapeno slices! Who knew. Takes after Poppa!

I still dislike the way the former New Britain Rick Cats left for Hartford. No class there at all. Hartford's mayor showed no class either.

I am glad that the team seems to be successful. Its good for CT and Hartford.

Reaction Score
Only winners are pension spiking Cops & FFs jacking OT to work games and keep safety at those crazy, dangerous Minor league BB games

Park bleeds money, debt service, operating losses, payments for Hartford cops jamming free OT. Supposed development around park was a lie so the Unions could jack their pocket books at expense of taxpayers. Same as when the stupid Convention Center was supposed to actually host conventions and bring business to Hartford

I'll never spend $.10 at that total scam other than having to subsidize it with taxes

Reaction Score
Only winners are pension spiking Cops & FFs jacking OT to work games and keep safety at those crazy, dangerous Minor league BB games

Park bleeds money, debt service, operating losses, payments for Hartford cops jamming free OT. Supposed development around park was a lie so the Unions could jack their pocket books at expense of taxpayers. Same as when the stupid Convention Center was supposed to actually host conventions and bring business to Hartford

I'll never spend $.10 at that total scam other than having to subsidize it with taxes

From the guy who could be offered a blow job by Brooklyn Decker and spend the whole time complaining.

Reaction Score

LOL. You're not a very good troll

Reaction Score
I still dislike the way the former New Britain Rick Cats left for Hartford. No class there at all.

This will probably always bother me. Eventually I'll find my way to a YG game, but this year I patronized the NB club and anticipate doing the same next year.

Reaction Score
This will probably always bother me. Eventually I'll find my way to a YG game, but this year I patronized the NB club and anticipate doing the same next year.

So you support the mayor that lied to the owners and said she couldn't agree to ballpark improvements and a share of parking revenue (before turning around and giving the same to the Bees)?

Reaction Score
So you support the mayor that lied to the owners and said she couldn't agree to ballpark improvements and a share of parking revenue (before turning around and giving the same to the Bees)?

Different club, different deal.
YG and Hartford were sleazy, so therefore don't get my $$$.

Reaction Score
Different club, different deal.
YG and Hartford were sleazy, so therefore don't get my $$$.

BS. She took them for granted, and they reacted accordingly. At best she was inept.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
My comments are 100% accurate.

umm, no complaints on that one

She's a member of SAG bro. Union city. Surprised you'd be in the same room with her.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Deepster taking in a Yard Goats game:

btmoo-gciaa7srn_large.png

Reaction Score
I went to 2 games this year. First game, I was underwhelmed. I guess I thought that, for all that hoopla, it'd end up being more than just a typical minor league template (and it really isn't). The second game, I enjoyed more. All in all? I think the season was a huge success from an attendance and buzz standpoint and I was wrong about how it'd turn out.

Of course, both games I went to were free and I paid $5.00 to park. I didn't generate the buzz and finance stream the city was hoping for with this venture. They now need (desperately) to build something in that area other than abandoned buildings and parking lots to bring people in earlier and make them stay later.

Reaction Score
I knew it would be successful. I guessed 5,600 and they exceeded my expectations.

Reaction Score
The amazing thing was I only attended Opening Night and was planning on going 5-6 games but seeing the attendances so high I figured they didn't need me there. So for any concerns about the shine wearing off, I'm here waiting to pick up the slack for someone who will reduce the games they go to see next season.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
The most dangerous town now in Connecticut is surprisingly Stratford, by far. Then Meriden. CT cities are not as bad as they used to be. I can't say it enough, Bridgeport has been cleaned up as I never imagined. I even realized the city is loaded with historic gas stations.

Reaction Score
Beautiful job on the park. Even had baby goats in a pen for the kiddies on weekends.

Reaction Score
BS. She took them for granted, and they reacted accordingly. At best she was inept.

She managed to get herself reelected for a third time. Not bad for an "inept" person.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom