Biggest losers in Yard Goats first year --the haters

Discussion in 'Pro Sports (baseball, etc)' started by Palatine, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Palatine

Palatine

2. huskeynut

huskeynut Leader of the Band

Went to a game this year with son, daughter-in-law and the two grandsons when we came up from Florida. The park is really nice, ticket prices are very reasonable. Some very good food venues! The team was okay. But the house was full.

Lots of promos for the "little fans" and that is good! Fireworks after the game. My grandsons had a great time. So did Poppa and Nana! Parking is $5.00 - very reasonable. We took a 7 minute walk and ate dinner at City Steam - always good food and drink there! BTW - our 5 year old grandson loves fried jalapeno slices! Who knew. Takes after Poppa!

I still dislike the way the former New Britain Rick Cats left for Hartford. No class there at all. Hartford's mayor showed no class either.

I am glad that the team seems to be successful. Its good for CT and Hartford.

CL82 and John like this.
  3. JSM1970

JSM1970

Only winners are pension spiking Cops & FFs jacking OT to work games and keep safety at those crazy, dangerous Minor league BB games

Park bleeds money, debt service, operating losses, payments for Hartford cops jamming free OT. Supposed development around park was a lie so the Unions could jack their pocket books at expense of taxpayers. Same as when the stupid Convention Center was supposed to actually host conventions and bring business to Hartford

I'll never spend $.10 at that total scam other than having to subsidize it with taxes

4. businesslawyer

businesslawyer

From the guy who could be offered a blow job by Brooklyn Decker and spend the whole time complaining.

intlzncster and mauconnfan like this.
  5. JSM1970

JSM1970

My comments are 100% accurate.

umm, no complaints on that one

6. Palatine

Palatine

LOL. You're not a very good troll

Stairmaster likes this.
  7. John

John I am the Walrus

This will probably always bother me. Eventually I'll find my way to a YG game, but this year I patronized the NB club and anticipate doing the same next year.

8. Excalibur

Excalibur

So you support the mayor that lied to the owners and said she couldn't agree to ballpark improvements and a share of parking revenue (before turning around and giving the same to the Bees)?

9. John

John I am the Walrus

Different club, different deal.
    YG and Hartford were sleazy, so therefore don't get my $$$.

10. Excalibur

Excalibur

BS. She took them for granted, and they reacted accordingly. At best she was inept.

11. John

John I am the Walrus

I'm not buying what you're selling, sorry.

12. Waquoit

Waquoit

At least the Bees got to play on a decent infield.

13. intlzncster

intlzncster i fart in your general direction

She's a member of SAG bro. Union city. Surprised you'd be in the same room with her.

14. intlzncster

intlzncster i fart in your general direction

Deepster taking in a Yard Goats game:

[​IMG]

Rico444 and Waquoit like this.
  15. CL82

CL82 It's going to be ok - calm down and enjoy the ride

Somehow I feel like it would be more like this:

[​IMG]

intlzncster likes this.
  16. Deepster

Deepster

I went to 2 games this year. First game, I was underwhelmed. I guess I thought that, for all that hoopla, it'd end up being more than just a typical minor league template (and it really isn't). The second game, I enjoyed more. All in all? I think the season was a huge success from an attendance and buzz standpoint and I was wrong about how it'd turn out.

Of course, both games I went to were free and I paid $5.00 to park. I didn't generate the buzz and finance stream the city was hoping for with this venture. They now need (desperately) to build something in that area other than abandoned buildings and parking lots to bring people in earlier and make them stay later.

17. TheDoggPound

TheDoggPound

I knew it would be successful. I guessed 5,600 and they exceeded my expectations.

18. TheDoggPound

TheDoggPound

The amazing thing was I only attended Opening Night and was planning on going 5-6 games but seeing the attendances so high I figured they didn't need me there. So for any concerns about the shine wearing off, I'm here waiting to pick up the slack for someone who will reduce the games they go to see next season.

19. Palatine

Palatine

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  20. Butch

Butch

The most dangerous town now in Connecticut is surprisingly Stratford, by far. Then Meriden. CT cities are not as bad as they used to be. I can't say it enough, Bridgeport has been cleaned up as I never imagined. I even realized the city is loaded with historic gas stations.