Big12 is still dysfunctional, but at least it’s producing competitive revenue for its members | The Boneyard

Big12 is still dysfunctional, but at least it’s producing competitive revenue for its members

Reaction Score
Jake Trotter‏ @Jake_Trotter 1h 1 hour ago
Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby announces the league will distribute $34.8 million in revenue to each school,

Jake Trotter‏ @Jake_Trotter 1h 1 hour ago
That means, including tier 3 revenue, OU will bank about $42 million in TV money this year. Texas, roughly $50 million.

Chuck Carlton‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 1h 1 hour ago
Bowlsby says Big 12 has currently withheld about $6 million in revenue from Baylor's distribution.

Chuck Carlton‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 57m 57 minutes ago
West Virginia President Gordon Gee named the new chairman of Big 12 board of directors.

Reaction Score
I believe they will get additional monies due to the fact they will be holding a conference championship game this fall? They may be dysfunctional but they are in great shape financially. If Texas or Oklahoma routinely win the conference championship game this conference may not only survive but actually thrive.

Reaction Score
UConn just ended up on the wrong side of the fence in Conference realignment. It's not really anybody's fault. For the time being, we just need try to make the best of a bad situation. Eventually the power conferences will break away from the NCAA and then we won't have to worry about them anymore.

Reaction Score
UConn just ended up on the wrong side of the fence in Conference realignment. It's not really anybody's fault. For the time being, we just need try to make the best of a bad situation. Eventually the power conferences will break away from the NCAA and then we won't have to worry about them anymore.
It is someone's fault. There clearly were many factors involved, but I do believe someone dropped the ball for UConn.

Reaction Score
What other schools make in other conferences I don't care about. What UConn makes, I care about. I will no longer pay to watch any conference network that doesn't include UConn. That is the beginning. Others need to do the same.

This is a thread about the B12. This is the realignment board where we constantly talk about what other schools in other conferences make. It is all relevant for the college sports landscape.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Just wait until Oklahoma and Texas leave
And replace them with some combination of two from UH, Cincy, USF/UCF or dark horse candidates BYU and/or Colorado St.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
And replace them with some combination of two from UH, Cincy, USF/UCF or dark horse candidates BYU and/or Colorado St.
I think they'd go for the biggest nutkick possible. UH, Cincy, UCF, USF, BYU and..................UMass.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom