Big10...what gives with this group of teams? | The Boneyard

Big10...what gives with this group of teams?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Indiana just lost to tOSU
Iowa lost to Purdue
And Rutgers is alone in 1st Place at 4-0

When all is said and done, the conference champ may have 3, 4 or 5 losses, 6 or 7 teams making the Tournament and no one ranked in the top 16!
Lots of “depth” with 10 teams in the Massey top 60, but no elite teams at all.

In the NFL they call this parity, here, we just call it “yuk”. Give me an elite team or two every time over the very pedestrian group this is as a conference.

Thoughts?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Watched part of Purdue-Iowa. Agreed, parity, good teams but no great teams. Might be rivaling the Pac 12 for competitiveness from top to bottom.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Yep. As I said in a different thread, I tried to post an "eye-test" evaluation just before conference started for the B1G teams (on the Rutgers board) and it was difficult. Teams didn't stand out from each other, hard to come to any relative or absolute assessment. I thought it would be unpredictable and it has been.

Oddly enough, Rutgers beating Maryland was the one I didn't expect at all, not that I thought Maryland was invincible, but they clearly looked like the best of a mixed lot.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Indiana just lost to tOSU
Iowa lost to Purdue
And Rutgers is alone in 1st Place at 4-0

When all is said and done, the conference champ may have 3, 4 or 5 losses, 6 or 7 teams making the Tournament and no one ranked in the top 16!
Lots of “depth” with 10 teams in the Massey top 60, but no elite teams at all.

In the NFL they call this parity, here, we just call it “yuk”. Give me an elite team or two every time over the very pedestrian group this is as a conference.

Thoughts?
Ohio State scored 5 points in the 1st Q and won the game. Eek!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom