Big win | The Boneyard

Big win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good game Uconn. I understand that we did not play the best game of the year. But I am giving Baylor a lot of credit for their effort. Jefferson was incredible on defense and offense. She was the best player on the floor tonight in my opinion. I love the fact that Baylor kept fighting and making us dig deep. This game will go a long way in refocusing this team and giving them motivation to keep working hard. Bria Hartley was awesome in the second half and we executed down the stretch. I thought we were tight shooting tonight and still pulled out a win in a tough environment and i loved being nervous at the end of the game. This game is just what we needed. Kia Stokes was awesome on defense.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
This game was a win,but more important,it was a character builder.Now the UConn women's basketball team knows what it takes,when the opposing team doesn't fold and has put themselves in a position to win.Now the girls know how important composure is when things are not going your way.Seeing certain individuals step up,only strengthens the confidence other players have in them from here on in,and those players will have more confidence in future big games.
Also,another testimony to the coaching staff,on who they recruit out of high school.It seems they have a knack of finding diamonds that no one else can see.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The way the game was called underneath reminded me of what happened to Griner when LVille beat them. We got beat up underneath and the call on KML when she stood straight up and got called for flying elbows was a bad call. It was bad because the defense needs to give her some room to operate.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Exact
The way the game was called underneath reminded me of what happened to Griner when LVille beat them. We got beat up underneath and the call on KML when she stood straight up and got called for flying elbows was a bad call. It was bad because the defense needs to give her some room to operate.

Exactly...and then the flop. Refs bought it, hook, line, and flopper.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
There is nothing in the rules requiring a player to be given space. They can call a foul for contact on the arms which should have been the call given the 4" between KML's arm and Robertson's face. A hack is a hack.

Unfortunately the officials are not allowed to review for it as a bad call, only for flagrancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom