Big win for Princeton. (Merged thread) | The Boneyard

Big win for Princeton. (Merged thread)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Way to go Carla! Rooting for Princeton big time. They also have 2 top-50 kids coming in next year - yeah both are from Jersey, but still, great gets by Carla.

I wonder if they have a legit shot at Del Rosario, who is also from New Jersey

Reaction Score
Carla is steadily adding points to her resume. I believe she will be a hot coaching commodity very shortly!

Reaction Score
Way to go Carla! Rooting for Princeton big time. They also have 2 top-50 kids coming in next year - yeah both are from Jersey, but still, great gets by Carla.

Del Rosario is in Nashville TN this year.

Reaction Score
It was a very entertaining team, and the right team won.

I wouldn't mind Carla as The Successor. She's always been a favorite of mine.

Reaction Score
Princeton beat FGC 58-55 , for their first win against ranked team in 43 years, FGC had been averaging 84 per game.

Reaction Score

why the , "yeah they're both from Jersey"? rather fertile hunting ground for hoopsters , and all other sports, also.

Reaction Score
Carla Berube is as good as they get for coaching defense. FGC was averaging 84 per game.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
why the , "yeah they're both from Jersey"? rather fertile hunting ground for hoopsters , and all other sports, also.
I think Eric meant they’re locals, not someone coming across the country to join the team.

As you said, New Jersey is one of women’s bball hot spots, along with Pennsylvania, NYC, and California

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
For along time now I've lobbied for Carla as the next coach at UConn after Geno hangs 'em up. As for this win against FGC?

thumb image

Reaction Score
I think Eric meant they’re locals, not someone coming across the country to join the team.

As you said, New Jersey is one of women’s bball hot spots, along with Pennsylvania, NYC, and California
Oh, I did think he probably meant that, but doesn't mean that they weren't recruited by out-of-state school if they are top 50 players.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Oh, I did think he probably meant that, but doesn't mean that they weren't recruited by out-of-state school if they are top 50 players.
Right. @EricLA was implying Carla isn’t able to recruit cross country like Geno - yet. She still needs to look for local kids willing to play for her. Fortunately for her, NJ and NYC are talent hotbeds for women’s hoops

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Right. @EricLA was implying Carla isn’t able to recruit cross country like Geno - yet. She still needs to look for local kids willing to play for her. Fortunately for her, NJ and NYC are talent hotbeds for women’s hoops
@HuskyNan is spot on with what I meant which is why I didn't reply at first - but I certainly was not being critical of NJ or anything like that. Just that Princeton is in NJ, and she probably had a better shot at landing high level kids who were local.

It was also why I asked about Del Rosario, who is from NJ, but apparently in Nashville now (HELLO Shea!!). I do feel like Carla should be on the short list of candidates to take over for Geno assuming she continues to recruit the best she can, have success in the Ivy and in the NCAA's, and see where we are in 10 years if Geno decides to retire then. :D

And of course I'm thrilled for her success...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom