BIG TIME OPPORTUNITY FOR UCONN - RU COMMITS AVAILABLE! | The Boneyard

BIG TIME OPPORTUNITY FOR UCONN - RU COMMITS AVAILABLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With the Schiano move to the NFL's Syracuse Bay Buccaneers :), its time for HCPP to get SUPER AGGRESSIVE on the RU commits. There have to be half a dozen or more players there that we have a real shot at getting.

Also, lets take a SERIOUS look @ hiring Haffley, their secondary coach and key recruiting ace in NJ. Can't sit around on these moves, have to act and quick.

You just know that PSU, IOWA, VA, 'Cuse will be all over these recruits and we have to get our fair share.

The timing of Schiano's move just couldn;t be better for UCONN. Let's do this!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Thanks for restating everything already in other threads.

Reaction Score
If we go after six of their recruits which 4 of our commits do we say "sorry but no thanks" to?

Reaction Score
realistically i doubt they'll lose too many recruits but we should be able tof grab one or two. even that would be a big coup. it'll be interesting to see if they pull the trigger too early on a hire to get one in before signing day.

Reaction Score
This is lame
With the Schiano move to the NFL's Syracuse Bay Buccaneers :), its time for HCPP to get SUPER AGGRESSIVE on the RU commits. There have to be half a dozen or more players there that we have a real shot at getting.

Also, lets take a SERIOUS look @ hiring Haffley, their secondary coach and key recruiting ace in NJ. Can't sit around on these moves, have to act and quick.

You just know that PSU, IOWA, VA, 'Cuse will be all over these recruits and we have to get our fair share.

The timing of Schiano's move just couldn;t be better for UCONN. Let's do this!!!!!!

This thread is lame dude! As mentioned by another poster...all of what you've posted has been covered in other threads ALREADY! I guess attention-seekers can't help themselves!

Reaction Score
in case anyone is interested, ESPN and 247Sports show 9 RU commits that Uconn also offered.

OL - Denman, Muller, Brodie, Arcidiacono
TE - Giacone
LB - Longa, Lambert
DL - Pinnix-Odrick
ATH - Jacobs

Reaction Score
brodie is re-evaluating his commitment with rutgers!!!!!!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Schiano-freude

Reaction Score
what's with everyone getting so argumentative about starting new threads? it's not like we have a thousand different threads to weed through.. i really don't see where a few differrent threads about schiano leaving such as one about recruiting, one about possible replacement, etc, is such a bad thing. personally i think it's annoying that the only real conversation about Schiano having left starts on page 5 of a thread titled "schiano possibly to syracuse bay"

Reaction Score
I had just finished the other thread, and this was right above it. Angry at work.

Reaction Score
brodie is re-evaluating his commitment with rutgers!!!!!!

Where did you see this? Couldn't believe when I heard the Schiano news. First thought was Brodie and if he had just waited one more day.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
brodies dad i bet is pissed about this, thats why hes reaching to the media right away. psu vs us for him no doubt.

Reaction Score
Where did you see this? Couldn't believe when I heard the Schiano news. First thought was Brodie and if he had just waited one more day.

a couple of scout writers, that's all I will say.

Reaction Score
brodies dad i bet is pissed about this, thats why hes reaching to the media right away. psu vs us for him no doubt.

If it was down to RU and Uconn yesterday. Wouldn't the simple decision be UConn if the offer still stands?

Being a successful recruiter can only take you so far if it doesn't translate into on field performance. You'd think these kids would have caught on by now.

Reaction Score
To be fair, when our coach last year, we managed to keep our recruits. So I'd avoid getting too overly excited. That being said, I can't imagine how this is bad news for UConn.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
To be fair, when our coach last year, we managed to keep our recruits. So I'd avoid getting too overly excited. That being said, I can't imagine how this is bad news for UConn.
our recruits last year were RE guys, over half atleast didn't have other bcs offers to think about making a switch. different ball game here.

Reaction Score
Toughest thing for RU is this comes less than one week before National Signing Day. Tough to see them find a new HC before that day. How many kids want to stay committed to a school when they have no clue who they will be playing for? Just a thought.

Reaction Score
If it was down to RU and Uconn yesterday. Wouldn't the simple decision be UConn if the offer still stands?

Being a successful recruiter can only take you so far if it doesn't translate into on field performance. You'd think these kids would have caught on by now.

This is BIG for us... I think we can turn him.. He was quoted in a rivals.com article yesterday saying for a minute UCONN was his choice but then he met with Schiano one on one a few weeks ago he silently committed to him, but wanted to make it public yesterday... Even with Levy we still have room for Brodie if he changes his mind.

Reaction Score
Thanks for restating everything already in other threads.
I simply thought a dedicated thread on the subject is fitting. Clearly there is a real opportunity to get some top talent into the program and think fellow Boneyarders would have some thoughts on the subject.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
fasteddy, please tell me you are the guy from the commercials for the gold and silver pawn shop?!?!?!? its you vs good ole tom hugh?

Reaction Score
What do you all think about HCPP being aggressive and trying to poach some of their coaches? I agree with others here that we need to make some staff changes. Seems like perfect timing for us to act.

We all know our recruiting could use an improvement and RU has had a lot of success in that area. Makes sense to me.

Reaction Score
fasteddy, please tell me you are the guy from the commercials for the gold and silver pawn shop?!?!?!? its you vs good ole tom hugh?

We duking it out for supremacy in thepawn market!:);)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom