Big thanks to Coach Foley | The Boneyard

Big thanks to Coach Foley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If this is in fact the end, he along with others did a great job here all around. He got our oline turned around and at one point we became a pretty damn formidable power run blocking team. Enough of one to have Baylor players quoted as saying "they just had some big physical guys on the oline who knew how to play some football". That was Baylor coached by Art Briles. There were some fun times. So best of luck to coach, and a big thanks are in order.

Reaction Score
Some of my fondest moments since we ascended to D1 during my freshman year of college were the ungodly, physically dominant -kickings that our O-LINE laid on people in the 06-11 era. Buffalo, ND, Pittsburgh, UVA. It made us feel like we were bigger, badder, and that we belonged. I lay most of that at the feet of Coach Foley, and would like to offer my congratulations on a job well done, as well as unlimited good MoJo moving forward.

Good Tidings, Sir.

Reaction Score
Thank you Coach Foley. I still get excited thinking back at the Virginia game at The Rent years back and the destruction of their defense. I think Donald Brown just stopped running from that game last week. Great memories of a power run game. Good luck sir.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Thanx Noey. That needed to be posted. Coach Foley gave us DB and JT, he won't be forgotten here.

Reaction Score
Thank you Coach Foley for developing unrecruited kids and turning them into the Big Uglies we enjoyed watching.
Of course, my favorite moment is when our 6'7"315 lb GUARD, Zach Hurd, pulled and destroyed Darius Fleming of Notre Dame as Dixon strolled into the end zone giving us a well-deserved OT win!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Well said. We all know he had a long history of successful OLs here at UCONN. Our bread and butter had always been a power running game, up until the moment that GDL took over OL coaching duties. Ironically, I think one of Coach Foley's best coaching jobs was last season after having his OL duties restored by Coach Weist.

Best of wishes to him in his next job...which I'm sure won't take long to find.

Reaction Score
Class guy, great coach. He recruited my son, and I feel he is personally responsible for getting Ryan to Sunday football.
Ryan had a few other D1 schools courting him, but none put in the time and effort that Mike Foley did.
That man sat through countless high school basketball practices to get some face time with Ryan, and me and his mom.
When he and Randy Edsall sat down in our living room, Mike's sincerity shone through immediately. He wanted our son to play for UConn, and he was the perfect point man. I have had the great fortune of spending time with Mike and his wife, over dinner and drinks after the season(s) ended, and he is the very man you want coaching your children.
He also coached the tight ends at UConn, and Ryan would tell you he was his favorite position coach, and he had more than a few.
Mike had it tough the last four or five years with the QB/Coaching carousel that UConn became, but he made the best of it.
Kudos to Mike. Tough to replace his kind of talent and dedication to a university. Mike, see you at the beach my friend, and the best wishes for your next endeavor, whether it's fishing or coaching.

Reaction Score
I wrote an email thanking him using the standard UConn "first.last@uconn.edu". I don't know if he still has access, but thought it might be a nice gesture. Btw I verified it was his full name no nicknames or abbreviations.

C

Chief00

To this day I see Mike Foley as part of the solution not as part of the problem. Diaco on the other hand, when he did the preseason in season BS I moved him into the part of the problem category. I hope he proves me wrong but I doubt it.

Reaction Score
Another sad day for the loyal. He was food for fodder and only held to be a familiar face with the team. It is sad after all he did coaching up under the Randy regime and helping to build a program. This is another one that goes on Paul and George destroying what had been built.
Obviously coming in all can see Bob want's his own people. I bite my lip waiting to see what will transpire but my heart goes out to coach Foly as with the task he was handed he never stood a chance.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Coach Foley - thanks for your dedication and support to our program. You're forever a Husky in my book.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I spent the bulk of this past season reminiscing about the 2010 Pitt game when we sealed a win by converting a fourth and short (I believe two yards) at about our own 28 yard line with two minutes left (turning the ball over on downs would have put Pitt in FG territory down only two points). A power run to the left by a 190 lb (Todman) back behind a pulling guard (Hurd) did the trick. I said many times from September to December that I would give anything to again have that much confidence in our run blocking.

Thank you Mr Foley! You contributed greatly to the football program and I will always be grateful.

Reaction Score
Good luck Coach Foley, thanks for helping to make us a relevant program so early in our D1 experience. He could probably pen quite a book titled "What happened to UCONN an insiders view".

Reaction Score
Thanks for all you did here coach foley. We really appreciated your smash mouth offensive lines. We know you will find success wherever you go.

Reaction Score
Power offensive lines and physical defense is something that you could always count on with UCONN at the Rent. In the later years of Edsall it was very seldom that we weren't dishing out the punishment especially when playing at home. During cold weather, forget about it, we were going to win and pound on the opposing team. I really miss that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom