Big Ten's Next Move | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big Ten's Next Move

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Rutgers is in the B1G. No matter how many times I say it, I can't help but snicker in complete and utter disbelief at the thought.
Hey Dooley, did you live in Ellsworth up at UConn?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
No - this is the B1G's next move... :rolleyes: He's ona roll today.

theDudeofWV 1:31pm via Web
B1G source: Unofficially FSU is one vote shy of being a unanimous addition to the Big Ten

I guess that is technically correct. They are one vote shy of being considered. Unfortunately, that missing vote is Jim Delaney and he is the only one 'voting'.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that our university does not have the greatest reputation, notwithstang the fact that its issues were over comparatively minor problems.
Nobody here will believe you, CL82.

Reaction Score
No way Rutgers gets the boot for this. Only way this helps our situation is if the B1G can't stand the negative publicity and they feel that they want to make some big move in order for the bad publicity to go away. So they decide to add two new teams..... 1 undoubtedly being us :) ..... Then everyone discusses new CR events and Rutgers' problems are in the rear view..........As I typed this it felt more and more far fetched...but I was trying to appeal to the hopes of the OP.....

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN19m
Jim Delany said Rutgers situation "will have no impact on Rutgers' transition to, or membership in, Big Ten Conference

Reaction Score
Reverse their decision to add Rutgers to the conference. Why?

1. Rutgers AD knew about Mike Rice summer of 2012.
2. Pernetti covered up this thing to conclude Big Ten negotiations.
3. Currently no men's basketball coach at Rutgers.
4. Currently no athletic director at Rutgers.
5. Soon to be no president at Rutgers.

The Big Ten does not want to take on another school with moral issues after Penn State. There were talks about getting rid of Penn State during the Sandusky incident. Bringing in another school along the same moral lines of Rutgers (except in this instance everyone at Rutgers knew what was going on and looked the other way for the big Big Ten television deal and more ).

Herbst/Manuel are on the phone now with Delaney and are ready to walk over Rutgers into Big Ten glory!

An actual pig just flew by. Aerodynamic, too.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Hey Dooley, did you live in Ellsworth up at UConn?

No sir. I actually commuted to campus from Wethersfield so that I could work full-time while going to school. I used to be a go-getter when I was younger.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm sorry guys, but I think all those TV sets the B10 wants to lock up in NJ are still located in NJ

nothing RU has ever done warrants their invitation to begin with

Reaction Score
Unless this 'scandal' results in 10 Million people moving out of the metro NYC area, this has no impact on Rutgers' attractiveness for the B1G. Let's be honest....they were not added for their Athletic Department or accomplishments...it was completely because of their geographic footprint. So unless they either force Rutgers to move to Montana, or remove 10MM people of NYC, then the B1G doesn't care.

You write for NBC Sports?
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/05/b1g-yawn-at-rutgers-mike-rice-mess/

>>"Simply put, the Big Ten didn’t add Rutgers because it was an athletic powerhouse in general or a football juggernaut specifically. Rather, Rutgers was plucked in one of myriad rounds of expansion musical chairs because of the potential television market it brings to the Big Ten Network — and the millions upon millions of additional dollars annually for its membership — and for its membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities — and the multi-millions upon multi-millions of research dollars that brings."<<

Reaction Score
but I can see how all this negative perception of Rutgers may translate into a more positive perception of UConn, going forward

Or it could hurt UConn, as the BiG decides that adding teams is too risky.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I guess that is technically correct. They are one vote shy of being considered. Unfortunately, that missing vote is Jim Delaney and he is the only one 'voting'.
They need a vote to be held for admission. There has not been a vote. "Hence, they are one vote shy."

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Keep in mind that our university does not have the greatest reputation, notwithstang the fact that its issues were over comparatively minor problems.

Agreed we are just removed from stuff that happened 3-4 years ago with Stanley Robinson and others who couldn't be bothered to get to class and Calhoun not enforcing the rules to get him there. We have some image make over to do still. being the only college of big time stature to be banned from the NCAA's really sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom