Big Ten Tournament at MSG Secondary Market Prices are Pathetic | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big Ten Tournament at MSG Secondary Market Prices are Pathetic

Reaction Score
Um, perhaps phenomenally good basketball played by some the nation's best teams contributed to the experience just a bit?
We were talking about locations of tournaments.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
We were talking about locations of tournaments.
Oh I thought we talking about "What made the Big East Tournament so special"

Reaction Score
MSG made sense for The Old Big East only. The B1G has pockets of interest in the city, but not the critical mass needed to sustain multiple days/sessions of a basketball tournament. The ACC with Cuse, ND, and Duke might fare a little better but I suspect they would see the same issues. Even the NBE is teetering on a lack of relevance, because there are far fewer local programs involved than in the conference's heyday of 1984-2012. NYC isn't going to geek out over a Creighton v. Dayton Matchup.

Reaction Score
MSG made sense for The Old Big East only. The B1G has pockets of interest in the city, but not the critical mass needed to sustain multiple days/sessions of a basketball tournament. The ACC with Cuse, ND, and Duke might fare a little better but I suspect they would see the same issues. Even the NBE is teetering on a lack of relevance, because there are far fewer local programs involved than in the conference's heyday of 1984-2012. NYC isn't going to geek out over a Creighton v. Dayton Matchup.
Dayton? Have they received an invite to the Big East?

Reaction Score
Looked like plenty of loud Rutgers fans there. I thought they did very well and the ticket prices would have risen more if they advanced further. But...they did better than expected.

Reaction Score

>>One and done. That was essentially the message from Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany, who told the Tribune on Friday the conference tournament would return to Madison Square Garden in New York only if the Big Ten can have the premier weekend — the one the Big East has had locked in since 1983.<<

>>“I know we will be back out East. Where we will be, I don’t know. It won’t be on a regular basis. I expect that 80 percent will be in legacy territory (Chicago and Indianapolis) and probably 20 percent out East, whether it’s in D.C. or Philadelphia or New York.”<<

One mistake in that tweet. MSG hasn't been locked up by the Beast since 1983. Technically, we are the Beast. The conference currently using MSG during the prime weekend is a new conference called the Big East...........but I know what he meant.

Reaction Score
Brilliant decision by Delany. Couldn't be happier with it.

Go Blue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom