BIG TEN Regular Season | Page 12 | The Boneyard

BIG TEN Regular Season

Reaction Score
INSANE shot by Clark at the end to win it (justice after that awful foul call to give Indiana the lead). I practically fell out of my chair when that went in at the buzzer. NPOY has to be hers regardless of how Iowa does come tournament time. Don’t know how it can go to anyone else. She is vital to Iowa’s success and constantly gets it done despite every team knowing she is the player to stop.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
why didn't Indiana try to miss the FT with 1 second left?
I think if you secure the rebound you can call TO and advance the ball to midcourt. Might've burned some clock with an intentional miss, or maybe not?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
why didn't Indiana try to miss the FT with 1 second left?
My thought too. Hit it hard off the rim and bat the ball in the air if you can. Especially knowing Iowa has Clark and a crazy good offense.

Reaction Score
Yep, if there was any doubt before, Caitlin Clark just sealed POY. Given the importance of the game, how tight it was throughout, and the fact that shot will be replayed and talked about, it would be very hard to deny her.

Indiana will make some noise in the tourney.

Reaction Score
I love it, visitingcock... and even beyond her achievements, she's as much fun to watch as she is good.
I still believe that a POTY generally needs to be good enough to carry her team to the elite 8. However, I’ll concede this year as a possible exception. Of course, she could make it a moot point by actually leading Iowa to an EE

Reaction Score
I still believe that a POTY generally needs to be good enough to carry her team to the elite 8. However, I’ll concede this year as a possible exception. Of course, she could make it a moot point by actually leading Iowa to an EE
With the right draw, possibly. I think Iowa's truly a three seed and would have to beat somebody better than it to get to the Elite Eight. Of course, as we know, that can happen.

Reaction Score
I agree bballnut, this game will be hard to top. With all the hype and Gameday added on I was expecting a letdown clunker of a contest.
So impressed with the balance of Indiana and how they kept coming back when Iowa threatened to pull away. Caitlin Clark truly is a masterpiece to watch. Iowa men with their own magic the night before: scored 23 points in the last 1:34 to tie Michigan State, won in OT.

Reaction Score
With Czinano and Clark, they should be good enough to get to the Elite 8. I have always liked Marshall's game and she was really the only player to play well against the Terps in the blowout.

Reaction Score
My Big Ten All Freshman Team:
Garzon, Indiana (FOY)
McMahon, OSU
Smikle, Rutgers
Stuelke, Iowa
Braun, Minnesota
Seems like a solid all freshman team to me. Agree with all.

This is my guess at the All-Big 10 teams:

1st Team

Caitlin Clark (Iowa)- POY
Mackenzie Holmes (Indiana)
Diamond Miller (Maryland)
Taylor Mikesell (Ohio State)
Monica Czinano (Iowa)
Makira Cook (Illinois)
Leigha Brown (Michigan)
Laila Phelia (Michigan)
Shyanne Sellers (Maryland)
Grace Berger (Indiana)

2nd Team

Jaz Shelley (Nebraska)
Kamaria McDaniel (Michigan St.)
Cotie McMahon (Ohio State)
Abby Meyers (Maryland)
Emily Kizer (Michigan)
Sydney Parrish (Indiana)
Kaylee Smikle (Rutgers)
Genesis Bryant (Illinois)
Makenna Marisa (Penn State)
Lasha Petree (Purdue)

Reaction Score
Oof, Michigan about to lose to Wisconsin.
I think this takes over from Indiana's loss to Mich State in the "Didn't see that coming" category for the season. :eek:
Even without Phelia an Brown, I thought Michigan had the advantage in this game. Kudos to Coach Moseley.
Bad Quad Two loss for the Wolverines.
It's perplexing. A tale of two teams for sure as you never know who is going to show up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom