Big Ten proposal would allow every athlete to transfer once without sitting out a year (Dodd @ CBS Sports) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big Ten proposal would allow every athlete to transfer once without sitting out a year (Dodd @ CBS Sports)

Reaction Score
I haven't read the proposal either. Will there be tampering rules with huge penalties if caught doing so?

Reaction Score
I haven't read the proposal either. Will there be tampering rules with huge penalties if caught doing so?

Even if there are tampering rules, there will be no end to the recruiting process. Anyone not affiliated with a school can contact a player and try to get them to transfer. Imagine if a supporter of a school ( not an agent of the school) such as LSU goes to the Clemson QB (Trevor Lawrence) on the week before the National championship game and convinces him to sit out the game and transfer to any other school for any unnamed benefit. If he goes to Ohio State would there be penalties? If so, against which team? The team that convinced him to leave Clemson or the team where he ended up.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Power 5 head coach

"Group of 5: It's going to kill them. They're going to be our G League. They'll be our little amateur league where we'll draw good players from. Every kid wants to play in the Power 5. I don't care what you say, that's what you want."

Reaction Score
Power 5 head coach

"Group of 5: It's going to kill them. They're going to be our G League. They'll be our little amateur league where we'll draw good players from. Every kid wants to play in the Power 5. I don't care what you say, that's what you want."

I totally agree. I really don’t care for this idea. Think about this. You could have a Dan O at UConn and a stacked Alabama team has an injury and needs an experienced QB to lead them to a title. Do they play the freshman/backup or give Dan a call? It is a nightmare.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom