Big Ten Conference Season Tip -off. Who's #1? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big Ten Conference Season Tip -off. Who's #1?

Reaction Score
Down goes Ohio State! Well done, Michigan! Phelia had a Paige/Nika type game. Playing the whole game. Wow.

Reaction Score
Didn't Michigan just get blown out by Florida?

I know Michigan is in a bit of a rebuilding year but thats a heck of a win early in conference play. Ohio St has work to do. They definitely miss Mikesell and her scoring. McMahon hasn't seemed as good this year as last at least thus far.
McMahon was a complete non factor today.

Reaction Score
Didn't Michigan just get blown out by Florida?

I know Michigan is in a bit of a rebuilding year but thats a heck of a win early in conference play. Ohio St has work to do. They definitely miss Mikesell and her scoring. McMahon hasn't seemed as good this year as last at least thus far.

And lost handily to Toledo at home. Further confirming my feeling that this conference isn't as clear cut as some may think.

McMahon seems like she's going through a sophomore slump but I also wonder if she's done much to add to her game. Her bulldozer technique isn't working, especially with the change in how offensive fouls are called. Is it that the defensive schemes teams are working, that she hasn't found her groove yet or both?

Also, kudos to Michigan holding Sheldon to 4 points and winning the points off of turnover game. That doesn't happen often.

Reaction Score
Down goes Ohio State! Well done, Michigan! Phelia had a Paige/Nika type game. Playing the whole game. Wow.

They needed her too. While they had 4 players in double digits, it didn't feel that way sometimes.

Reaction Score
Today with have Illinois/Indiana & Maryland/Nebraska.

Illinois/Indiana looks to have been a good battle. Maybe Illinois has figured out what makes their offence tick today?

Reaction Score
This year's version of Maryland is going to be hard to watch if they continue to play this way. Sellers is hurting her team more than helping. She can't keep fouling out and I do not understand some of her decisions when on defence. Similar to McMahon, teams seems to have a gameplan for her that works.

Nelson and Briggs did a lot of the heavy lifting today in their game against Nebraska. Kept fighting and I'm impressed with Nelson as a freshman so far.

Potts for Nebraska continues to show why she's a candidate for Freshman of the Year in the BIG10. Great pursuit of rebounds and being in the right spot today.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Maryland is just a mediocre team this season.
I was just trying to remember the last time Maryland was this weak. More than twenty years?

I suspect they'll be an at-large team but it's hardly a foregone conclusion. Their win over Syracuse suddenly looks a lot better, though.

Reaction Score
Maryland is just a mediocre team this season.
I think they have lost quite a bit of talent the last couple years (to transfer and graduation) and just don't have the pieces this year. I suspect they are still a NCAAT team and could give someone a headache later in the year if they improve on some things but I don't see them going very far.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I made a pact this afternoon that I will be nice until 2024. The old me would have responded one way.... but I will refrain because its the holiday spirit.

But..............
As Miss Scarlett said, tomorrow is another day. And it's 2024.

Reaction Score
McMahon seems like she's going through a sophomore slump but I also wonder if she's done much to add to her game. Her bulldozer technique isn't working, especially with the change in how offensive fouls are called. Is it that the defensive schemes teams are working, that she hasn't found her groove yet or both?
Probably a bit of both. I was surprised her bulldozer technique worked as long as it did. And she is so addicted to that one spin move in the lane -- scouting should have taken care of that sooner. it's always clockwise (except for games played below the equator) and anticipating it shouldn't be that hard. The 2 charges Michigan drew on her in quick succession in the 1st quarter looked like sweet karma to me.

Reaction Score
I made a pact this afternoon that I will be nice until 2024. The old me would have responded one way.... but I will refrain because its the holiday spirit.

But..............
How about making it 'til '25, Triad? Back in the old days, you contributed lots of positive posts, minus the snark.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Seems like Indiana is a bit under the radar this season, despite only having one loss. But that loss though :eek:

How about making it 'til '25, Triad? Back in the old days, you contributed lots of positive posts, minus the snark.

I'll try my best. I've noticed that as I age.... i'm getting crankier and crankier by the years. :oops:

Reaction Score
I was just trying to remember the last time Maryland was this weak. More than twenty years?

I suspect they'll be an at-large team but it's hardly a foregone conclusion. Their win over Syracuse suddenly looks a lot better, though.
Since Crystal Langhorne started in 2004, the only bad year the Terps had was in the 2009-2010 season when they didn't make the NCAA tournament. They was in the WNIT.

Reaction Score
Probably a bit of both. I was surprised her bulldozer technique worked as long as it did. And she is so addicted to that one spin move in the lane -- scouting should have taken care of that sooner. it's always clockwise (except for games played below the equator) and anticipating it shouldn't be that hard. The 2 charges Michigan drew on her in quick succession in the 1st quarter looked like sweet karma to me.

Karma? Not sure about that. More like hasn't adjusted to how games are being called this year. That's more about IQ to me.

The second charge was a tough call to make in my opinion. Thought it could have gone either way as both players seemed to get to the spot at the same time.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Maryland defeated Minnesota on the road last night. Their 1st road win all season.
I watched the end of the previous loss to Nebraska, in which they almost came back behind Briggs, in her first game since returning to the floor. With her aboard, I expect Maryland to improve...she can score at multiple levels.

Reaction Score
I watched the end of the previous loss to Nebraska, in which they almost came back behind Briggs, in her first game since returning to the floor. With her aboard, I expect Maryland to improve...she can score at multiple levels.

Maryland and Michigan State of play each other next week. That could be an interesting game.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
To me, the Big Ten is not a great conference this year AT ALL. Iowa is the leader and they have a lack of quality starting 5 and depth issues but are still better than the next tier of Indiana, tOSU, Michigan, MSU, Purdue, Nebraska, Maryland, Illinois, Minnesota, PSU, Wisc, NW and bringing up the rear Rutgers.

14 teams and really only 5 might be worthy of bids. My guess is 6 will get in but they won't last long. So, sorry @Plebe I am not going to pony up the additional $25 per month for the BigTen Network on my Sling package just to see Iowa.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom