Big Sunday slate | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Big Sunday slate

Reaction Score
SEC basketball this year outside a few teams is a disaster

Awful to watch all around

Reaction Score
Strangely, Oregon's continuing dominance makes me feel better about MSU, but much less interested in a rematch.
I long for that rematch at a neutral site!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
SEC basketball this year outside a few teams is a disaster

Awful to watch all around
If by "a few" you mean two, I'll agree.
Okay maybe two and a half, with Texas A&M.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Speaking of A&M, they quietly moved to 7-2 in conference w/ a win over Ole Miss today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Rutgers up 24-19 @ Minnesota a couple minutes into Q3. This one must be UGLY.

Reaction Score
Arkansas opens up a 12-3 lead over South Carolina as we hit the first media timeout

Arkansas isn't mentioned much but its been one hell of a turn around this year. I like them a lot when they play with confidence

Reaction Score
Arkansas opens up a 12-3 lead over South Carolina as we hit the first media timeout

Arkansas isn't mentioned much but its been one hell of a turn around this year. I like them a lot when they play with confidence
That one is a shocker to me. USC must be dying by the three!

Plebe

Reaction Score

They're certainly improved, but who have they beaten? I think Tennessee is their best win, and that's not a very good win.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

I just noticed they are 5-3 in SEC and 16-6 overall. Not much in the way of high quality wins but that's a decent record. Maybe Neighbors is a better than average coach.

Reaction Score
They're certainly improved, but who have they beaten? I think Tennessee is their best win, and that's not a very good win.

I am not saying they are great or anything but a solid ball club this year.

They were 13-18 last year and have already hit 16 wins this season with many games left.

I remember watching earlier this year against Arizona State and they showed out pretty well. They have been a bit streaky this season with their performances but its night and day compared to last year

Reaction Score
MSU wins 65-49 in Tuscaloosa.

Vic fooled around with the lineup a good bit in the 2nd Half with Wiggins, Taylor and even Zion Campbell getting quite a few minutes. Bre Scott sat recovering from the hard shot she took Thursday vs LSU and Danberry sat the 2nd Half after a minor ankle roll.

Never in any doubt, but not an impressive 2nd Half. Benefit of the doubt that once the game was in hand with a 22 pt lead we coasted a bit with a week off before the stretch run starts with the LVs.
Hope the injuries are temporary because we are going to need both Bre and Jordan. Still concerned the loss of Bibby will affect us tournament time. Did you see the ovation Bibby got when the fans saw her on the bench!

Reaction Score
Oregon up 65-17. Ionescu has 8 points 5 rebound 5 assists. They definitely don't need her to have a big game in order to do well this year.
You’re right...she doesn’t have to put up big scoring numbers for the team to excel. As long as she is making good reads and not turning it over everything else is gravy. She finished the game with 11 points, 7 assists and only one turnover. Hebard lead the team in scoring with 24 going 10-10 from the floor.

Reaction Score
Hope the injuries are temporary because we are going to need both Bre and Jordan. Still concerned the loss of Bibby will affect us tournament time. Did you see the ovation Bibby got when the fans saw her on the bench!

That is really a tough break for State. Bibby was coming into her own lately and was a consistent threat from 3. AEH, Scott, Carter, and Taylor will all need to continue to step up their game.

I still think State will make a nice run in the tournament but the loss of Bibby IMO will hurt later in the post season.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UW whittled away at the lead in the 2nd half to make it kind of respectable against UCLA, 76-60. I think Melgoza had 2 at halftime and finished w/ 23. Peterson and Rees also in double figures w/ 10 each. Sigh. Arizona at home and Washington St. and Colorado on the road are maybe winnable, but they could easily lose all 3.

All 5 starters in double figures for UCLA, Corsaro led the way w/ 14. I think Onyenwere only scored 2 in the 2nd half.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Who will shoot worse today? Colorado is 3-23, Oregon St. is 4-22.
I think Colorado was 10-1 out of conference and 0-10 in conference. What teams did they play??

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I long for that rematch at a neutral site!

I realize that you are very positive about your team and coach--and rightly so--but I think it's also worth noting that the team you would be facing is quite a bit better than the one that beat Mississippi State in Eugene. Four different starters have scored 30+ in a game since the beginning of the Pac 12 season, and Maite Cazorla, whom I sure you remember, looked like she would make it 5 by the end of the first quarter today. Satou Sabally, who was basically non-existent last December (I don't think she even played in the fourth quarter) has suddenly realized just how good she is and is averaging about 20 pts and 7 rebounds since the beginning of this year (see her play against Utah, for example), while Boley (another non-contributor in last fall's game) is actually playing a bit of defense, doing some rebounding, and shooting (since January 1) 52% from 3 and (I think) leads the Pac 12 in 3 point shots made. (The shooting isn't a surprise but the first two are.) That doesn't of course mean that your team wouldn't win or another team will win the Pac 12, and I assume Mississippi State has improved as well--minus Bibby, however, who required a lot of attention in Eugene--but I think Oregon will be a tougher out next time around than it was last December.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think Colorado was 10-1 out of conference and 0-10 in conference. What teams did they play??

I looked at their OOC earlier. Not much noteworthy except they did beat suddenly hot North Carolina.

edit--fairly weak overall. Colorado St. is usually good but down this year. Northern Colorado is 13-6 and 2nd in Big Sky, Pepperdine is 13-8 and 3rd in WCC. Lone loss was to Miami (FL).

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well, N.D. and Oregon win the awards for looking impressive today.

Interestingly, both led by exactly the same score at halftime: 54-13.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
After scoring 17 in the first half, Minnesota exploded for 22 in Q3 and up 39-33 over Rutgers. Who wants to win the Big 10?

edit--44-35 a few minutes into Q4

Plebe

Reaction Score
Minnesota has taken control of the game vs. Rutgers, up 9 early in 4Q.

Plebe

Reaction Score
After scoring 17 in the first half, Minnesota exploded for 22 in Q3 and up 39-33 over Rutgers. Who wants to win the Big 10?

edit--44-35 a few minutes into Q4
This is why, when someone started a poll a couple weeks ago about who would win the Big Ten, I picked Maryland.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
To tack onto @jonson , Oregon might be better defensively than they are generally given credit for. Held Colorado to 2 points in the first quarter. Did something similar to Arizona. Shut Utah down in the 4th quarter. They have no problem scoring and apparently are capable of holding opponents scoreless for long stretches of time.

Reaction Score
This is why, when someone started a poll a couple weeks ago about who would win the Big Ten, I picked Maryland.

If Maryland would attempt to play defense and not turn the ball over so much, they could be really good.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Minny outscoring RU 43-23 in 2nd half. Scarlet Knights clinging to a tenuous hold of the lead in the conference race--.5 game up on Maryland and 1 game up on Iowa.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom