Big pickup-Vin Sienna to UConn | The Boneyard

Big pickup-Vin Sienna to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sienna committed in August. There was some info going around that Sienna's AAU coach wanted him to hold out for a better offer from a southern school. Sienna and his family wanted UConn, but that AAU coach apparently had enough clout to hold up Sienna's official for a few extra weeks.
I'm surprised that the NH Register didn't report Sienna's commit earlier. Several Amity players have gone on to Vandy. Good to see he bypassed Vandy for UConn.

Reaction Score
Yeah Siena committed over the summer and I was shocked I didn't see any news about it back then. I guess better late than never though. I wouldnt say that he picked UConn over Vandy tho, bc Im pretty sure that Vandy flew up to Boston to see him play in a tournament but never offered... Dont get me wrong though because he is really talented but he in not close to what Jason Esposito was when he was a SR for Amity in 2008. Will be a very good player for UConn and should start as a FR for us

Reaction Score
His coach at Amity, said, last season, he was as talented as anyone to ever play for Amity. Lot of good players to come through that school.
Vandy may have come with a late offer. The NH Register article says he picked UConn over BC, VT & Vandy. It doesn't specify if any offer was made.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Keep convincing the best CT players to stay home and the program will continue to have success.

Reaction Score
His coach at Amity, said, last season, he was as talented as anyone to ever play for Amity. Lot of good players to come through that school.
Vandy may have come with a late offer. The NH Register article says he picked UConn over BC, VT & Vandy. It doesn't specify if any offer was made.

Yeah I know what the NH Register said but I know more details about the '12 class than most. At the end of the day all that matters is he is going to UConn and he has a good SR year. He's a great kid who I have known for a long time and I know he is glad to have made the decision over the summer because it was a ton of pressure on him.

Reaction Score
Yeah I know what the NH Register said but I know more details about the '12 class than most. At the end of the day all that matters is he is going to UConn and he has a good SR year. He's a great kid who I have known for a long time and I know he is glad to have made the decision over the summer because it was a ton of pressure on him.
Anything about the incoming recruits that you can share? Colletti, from L.I., McDowell from PA and Tabakman, the transfer from UNC sound like the highest rated prospects.

Reaction Score
Yonick, I'll see this coming week or next weekend for sure when I talk to my younger brother if I can get any info on those guys. He played for BaseballU, and went to the Area Code tryouts and all of that stuff so he knows most of the kids around the region and usually has very good info about all of those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom