Big goals discussed. Title #6 and Banner 18 in his final season. | The Boneyard

Big goals discussed. Title #6 and Banner 18 in his final season.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Mike Gorman has seen it all. From the Navy to calling Big East games to a legendary Celtics career. He was gracious to give his time to a future sports broadcaster. High on both UConn and Boston’s postseason potential this year!

Our 1st two part Podcast drop. It’s about the highs/lows of fandom. Celtics vs the Mavs.

Only on The Sliders & Curveballs Podcast

Part 1 Cool Hand Luka by Sliders & Curveballs

Part 2 #77 Is a Go! by Sliders & Curveballs

IMG_4380.jpeg

GemParty

Reaction Score
Nice job getting Gorman as a guest. I was there last night too.
We invited him as a future guest. Just met for the 1st time yesterday and took a few pictures. Talked Big East days, when he called games and the potential of UConn & the Celtics. Yesterday’s game was loads of fun. All the stars played well.

Reaction Score
We invited him as a future guest. Just met for the 1st time yesterday and took a few pictures. Talked Big East days, when he called games and the potential of UConn & the Celtics. Yesterday’s game was loads of fun. All the stars played well.
And Kyrie got booed a lot! I saw someone from the Celtics front office before the game and he asked me if the fans would still boo Kyrie. I said hell yeah they would. He said it's been a while so maybe the Celtics fans would start to forget. Nope, not at all. Kyrie was 9-23 and 1-7 from three so maybe it bothered him. He is a Class A douchenozzle.

GemParty

Reaction Score
And Kyrie got booed a lot! I saw someone from the Celtics front office before the game and he asked me if the fans would still boo Kyrie. I said hell yeah they would. He said it's been a while so maybe the Celtics fans would start to forget. Nope, not at all. Kyrie was 9-23 and 1-7 from three so maybe it bothered him. He is a Class A douchenozzle.
The 2nd pod we did, is our Sounds of the Game. You can hear the boos raining down. It’s wild. No love whatsoever. They booed so long in intros, you don’t even hear Luka announced as playing, which was uncertain all day.

Let us know what you think!

Where do you sit? We were Loge 20

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Admittedly I don’t listen, but why is the podcast named “Sliders and Curveballs” when you seemingly talk about basketball every episode?

Reaction Score
Admittedly I don’t listen, but why is the podcast named “Sliders and Curveballs” when you seemingly talk about basketball every episode?
They talk about all kinds of stuff, but it’s pretty obvious that as a CT podcast, they know where their bread is buttered. I’m not sure they intended that when they started, but UConn Nation has been very good to them. They get a lot of great UConn and other basketball related guests. How can they turn it down?

It’s a great hobby this guy has taken up with his son. They are making epic memories together.

Reaction Score
Whatever it's called, you should listen to it. You're clearly a huge fan of uconn ball and the way these players respond to Joseph (the son) is refreshing. it's an interview devoid of platitudes.

Reaction Score
More BYers should listen to these interviews. We'll go gaga over a canned, platitude laden press release but these interviews are different. listen to the Karaban interview from last season. You get the real guy. Joseph has a way of disarming these players where they end up being themselves. The hosts ask the questions we'd love to ask.

Reaction Score
The 2nd pod we did, is our Sounds of the Game. You can hear the boos raining down. It’s wild. No love whatsoever. They booed so long in intros, you don’t even hear Luka announced as playing, which was uncertain all day.

Let us know what you think!

Where do you sit? We were Loge 20
Right in front of you then. Section 18, on the floor along the baseline between the Celtics bench and the basket.

Last edited:

GemParty

Reaction Score
They talk about all kinds of stuff, but it’s pretty obvious that as a CT podcast, they know where their bread is buttered. I’m not sure they intended that when they started, but UConn Nation has been very good to them. They get a lot of great UConn and other basketball related guests. How can they turn it down?

It’s a great hobby this guy has taken up with his son. They are making epic memories together.

Thanks so much for the kind words. Started off when my son was in Tball, but now many of our fans have watched him grow up on air. My 1st love is UConn basketball and I figured a kid asking adults tough questions might be a nice play on words with (pitches) hence a slider & curveball.

I’m thrilled you’ve enjoyed our sports journey. Wherever it takes us, and however long it lasts.

Thank you!

GemParty

Reaction Score
More BYers should listen to these interviews. We'll go gaga over a canned, platitude laden press release but these interviews are different. listen to the Karaban interview from last season. You get the real guy. Joseph has a way of disarming these players where they end up being themselves. The hosts ask the questions we'd love to ask.

Thank you Jay, for always supporting our hobby. We’re fans, creating an audio diary for ourselves, that we think, like minded fans might enjoy.

I’m hoping there’s more great interviews and adventures in store for both of us!

As a Red Sox fan to speak with Yo8i Berra’s family, or have Hassan tell Joseph you don’t need to be a starter to impact a game, plus guys like Alex or Tyler Olander saying, it’s very important to study to play, is priceless.

In addition to meeting players I’ve rooted for over the years. It makes all the planning, studio time, booking of guests, editing, worth the effort.

Thank you!

Reaction Score
Thank you Jay, for always supporting our hobby. We’re fans, creating an audio diary for ourselves, that we think, like minded fans might enjoy.

I’m hoping there’s more great interviews and adventures in store for both of us!

As a Red Sox fan to speak with Yo8i Berra’s family, or have Hassan tell Joseph you don’t need to be a starter to impact a game, plus guys like Alex or Tyler Olander saying, it’s very important to study to play, is priceless.

In addition to meeting players I’ve rooted for over the years. It makes all the planning, studio time, booking of guests, editing, worth the effort.

Thank you!
Accidentally posted 2 comments as I was editing. But you deserve two. Keep up the good work

GemParty

Reaction Score
Accidentally posted 2 comments as I was editing. But you deserve two. Keep up the good work
Thanks. It reads like you and HoopHound are responding? To a poster that might not like podcasts, extra sports/UConn content options.,Were you? I don’t see their? post.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mike Gorman has seen it all. From the Navy to calling Big East games to a legendary Celtics career. He was gracious to give his time to a future sports broadcaster. High on both UConn and Boston’s postseason potential this year!

Our 1st two part Podcast drop. It’s about the highs/lows of fandom. Celtics vs the Mavs.

Only on The Sliders & Curveballs Podcast

Part 1 Cool Hand Luka by Sliders & Curveballs

Part 2 #77 Is a Go! by Sliders & Curveballs

View attachment 97138
Wow Gorman! That's a blast from the past. He's synonymous with the start of the Big East.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Right in front of you then. Section 18, on the floor along the baseline between the Celtics bench and the basket.

It’s a nice angle to the court.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
For all the years Gorman looks like he could go on for decades. Great broadcaster whose excitement during games is contagious. You can tell he loves the game and what he is doing. Not a Celtics fan but he is one great announcer.

GemParty

Reaction Score

As we all enjoy and cheer on our guys in March Madness, we’ll let the media, coaches, and players zero in on their goals.

We kickoff Spring 1st week of April with a great pod about one of baseballs Greatest hitters, Ted Williams. Hope you’ll tune in.

Thank you for supporting us. I’d say atleast a third or more of our 75 shows are UConn related, then MLB & NBA. Since, we’ve started it seams like dozens of UConn podcasts have popped up. All you need is passion and a microphone. We try not to take it too seriously, but want to share our love of sports from drastically different age perspectives.

Thank you.

Mike & Joseph

IMG_4353.jpeg
IMG_4358.jpeg

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Thanks so much for the kind words. Started off when my son was in Tball, but now many of our fans have watched him grow up on air. My 1st love is UConn basketball and I figured a kid asking adults tough questions might be a nice play on words with (pitches) hence a slider & curveball.

I’m thrilled you’ve enjoyed our sports journey. Wherever it takes us, and however long it lasts.

Thank you!

You've been doing this for years. Why isn't your kid in college by now?

GemParty

Reaction Score
You've been doing this for years. Why isn't your kid in college by now?

Funny you should say that. Next year he enters the 7th grade.

A couple months ago we’re setting up our room and microphones to interview Tyler Olander in the SJU AD’s office, so Joseph says, “I can’t wait to be in college, it’s my dream to eat snacks all day in a Dorm room.”

Lord help me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom