Big Games: Week 3 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Big Games: Week 3

Reaction Score
Agree and especially with the opening comment. Paopao didn't have anything close to her normal game, PK got schooled (a good thing long term, I think), VanSlooten missed some easy shots, etc., etc. On the other hand, Gray seems to have turned the corner over the past couple of games. And they won.

To me, TVO doesn't look like the same player we saw last year. Much more passive and, although she never looks happy, she seems even more so this year. Don't quite understand why she isn't playing a bigger role in the OSU offense.
OSU lost, but this game gives me confidence that OSU is on the way up again. Rueck was completely outcoached by Graves in Q4. Why did Rueck have Beers and Pietsch on the bench in Q4? When TvO plays point, the ball stops moving. TvO is at her best at a wing and is a great assist machine from the wing. Also didn't like Yeaney at the point. The biggest issue was Beers on the bench in Q4. Beavers were mauling the Ducks in the middle when Beers and Mitrovich were in the game together. In any case, congrats to the Ducks, and looking forward to the rematch in Gill.

Reaction Score
OSU lost, but this game gives me confidence that OSU is on the way up again. Rueck was completely outcoached by Graves in Q4. Why did Rueck have Beers and Pietsch on the bench in Q4? When TvO plays point, the ball stops moving. TvO is at her best at a wing and is a great assist machine from the wing. Also didn't like Yeaney at the point. The biggest issue was Beers on the bench in Q4. Beavers were mauling the Ducks in the middle when Beers and Mitrovich were in the game together. In any case, congrats to the Ducks, and looking forward to the rematch in Gill.
I think there are several teams in the pac-12 conference that are on their way up again. I dont see any give me games like there have been in the last few years so maybe a high tide rises all boats? I would say Rueck could use the portal better than he has been lately for a true offensive minded point guard but he says himself he does not like the portal that much, he is more of a traditionalist. Btw, Yeaney is averaging about 7 points a game this and a low 3 point percentage at under 10 percent.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
For what it's worth, Graves is also mostly a "traditionalist" when it comes to the portal, preferring to recruit and develop players rather than bring in several experienced ones. He brought in one this year and it looks like there might be one (Gusters) for 2023, but that's it. However, he's also said that only time will determine the best way to go in the world of the portal. So I guess it's possible he will change his mind down the road.

As for OSU, I've never understood why the point guard position has become something of a conundrum. The Mitrovic/Beers high low, however, is quite something. (Graves is quite a fan of both.)

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, Graves is also mostly a "traditionalist" when it comes to the portal, preferring to recruit and develop players rather than bring in several experienced ones. He brought in one this year and it looks like there might be one (Gusters) for 2023, but that's it. However, he's also said that only time will determine the best way to go in the world of the portal. So I guess it's possible he will change his mind down the road.

As for OSU, I've never understood why the point guard position has become something of a conundrum. The Mitrovic/Beers high low, however, is quite something. (Graves is quite a fan of both.)
Next year, OSU has two very strong PGs coming to Corvallis. However, this season I'd be quite pleased if Rueck would use Martha Pietsche as his staring PG, and keep Martha on the floor during Q4. In the game vs UO, our PG play in Q4 was abysmal.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure which week we r on now! lol. I'll probably start a new thread.

I thought there were a lot of big time inter state games yesterday/this weekend. It would've been great if ESPNU made a day of it. Seems like the Florida vs Miami game was really good. Was surprised to see the Washington win vs Washington State result but good on the huskies.

Reaction Score

We could do a mid season trade, one of Oregons point guards for their center, Mitrovic. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom