Big Easy Roll Call | The Boneyard

Big Easy Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ok, who's going to watch in person as Stewie, Morgan, and Moriah becomes the three to watch--through 2016?

The forecast is for cloudy and 70 today. At noon, it was 57 and damp, but it could get to 80 by Wednesday. It'll be hot in the arena Sunday night!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I'm here, a few hours later than planned, but have already had my first shrimp dinner, and lost track of the drink count.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You're fully acclimated. I had a beer, got some beads, and listened to music on Bourbon Street.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The forecast is for cloudy and 70 today. At noon, it was 57 and damp, but it could get to 80 by Wednesday. It'll be hot in the arena Sunday night!

Prepare for a major storm from New England to sweep through the arena on Sunday evening for 40 minutes that will wreak massive destruction on Irish people (especially pretenders) and possessions.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Prepare for a major storm from New England to sweep through the arena on Sunday evening for 40 minutes that will wreak massive destruction on Irish people (especially pretenders) and possessions.
Yep, Hurricane Breanna.

Reaction Score
I only live here (N.O.) part-time now, but spent my life and career here, though now reside more months in CT. I was tempted to buy tix for the games, but there are some interesting phenomena that occur when one lives in a city that hosts so many big events...Superbowls, Final Fours, etc.: Experience teaches one to hold off, that tickets seem magically to fall in one's lap. Case in point: My rather well-connected son, entirely indifferent to women's basketball, calls me a couple of weeks ago, and, barely stifling a yawn, says, "Dad, I got offered a coupla courtside tickets (!) to the women's Final Four games. I'm not interested at all, but I know you're a big fan (yawn) of UCONN women, so I thought I'd accept 'em for you if ya want 'em." (!!!) Duh? This kind of thing happens around here all the time, believe it or not. Another thing that one learns is that in the case of Final Fours, while the first set of games is invariably sold out and, especially on the mens' side, a VERY tough ticket, if one has an interest in the final pairing all one need do to get great seats on the cheap is to position oneself outside the arena after the day one games. Half the attendees are disgusted, downcast, and just want to unload their tickets for day two. Anyway, not trying to sound smug, but I'll be there, and, hopefully, will not have an interest in unloading tix for Tuesday!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I only live here (N.O.) part-time now, but spent my life and career here, though now reside more months in CT. I was tempted to buy tix for the games, but there are some interesting phenomena that occur when one lives in a city that hosts so many big events...Superbowls, Final Fours, etc.: Experience teaches one to hold off, that tickets seem magically to fall in one's lap. Case in point: My rather well-connected son, entirely indifferent to women's basketball, calls me a couple of weeks ago, and, barely stifling a yawn, says, "Dad, I got offered a coupla courtside tickets (!) to the women's Final Four games. I'm not interested at all, but I know you're a big fan (yawn) of UCONN women, so I thought I'd accept 'em for you if ya want 'em." (!!!) Duh? This kind of thing happens around here all the time, believe it or not. Another thing that one learns is that in the case of Final Fours, while the first set of games is invariably sold out and, especially on the mens' side, a VERY tough ticket, if one has an interest in the final pairing all one need do to get great seats on the cheap is to position oneself outside the arena after the day one games. Half the attendees are disgusted, downcast, and just want to unload their tickets for day two. Anyway, not trying to sound smug, but I'll be there, and, hopefully, will not have an interest in unloading tix for Tuesday!
Sounds like a good plan. Good luck, hope you get some real nice seats.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Ms Maes Magazine and Napolean . . . a shell of its former self but the best replica of a late nite at Teds you will find in NOLA

and bag Bourbon Street - Frenchman Street is the place to be!

Reaction Score
pretending I'm there. for dinner last night we had crawfish étouffée and lunch today is po-boys or red beans and rice. as soon as hubbie got home from work last night I started tossing beads at him. luckily, he's a bigger fan than I am ~~ if that's even possible :D

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I know I don't know you well but I've always (well, at least since reading midway through your post) felt that we've had a connection. So if you need someone for that extra seat...

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Yep, Hurricane Breanna.

I wonder if the Mayan, aka Invincible Queen, will be in the stands? I have to think she would love nothing better than to see some FF revenge visited upon the Irish....

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Same thing happens at the Masters every year in Augusta. The locals snag tix from patrons exiting after play on Saturday. Hundreds of ticket holders leave (having watched Thursday, Friday and Saturday) so they can git back home to watch Sunday action (all 18 holes) on big HDTV with drink in hand and bathroom nearby. Much of the Sunday crowd comprises opportunistic locals.

Reaction Score
Gosh, CL82...while it's true that we go WAY back, I've never previously inquired (if you've noticed) as to your gender. But, hell, this is New Orleans, after all! Maybe it doesn't matter all that much!!!

....just kidding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin