Big East women | The Boneyard

Big East women

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yes, I’m sure this is about the women. FloHoops predicts BEast post-season standings and awards. It’s a pretty good summary of the state of each team and what’s going on with them after summer transfers. The is free to read, no subscription required

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
nicely done piece, except for the finish, referring to paige:

'... a clean bill of health on her end should get the Huskies right back into the national title picture.'

awwww, come on. RIGHT BACK into the national title picture? Flohoops doesn't know that uconn's been there for the past 20-some years? damn poor research. the article obviously needed a decent copy editor. golly gee.

Reaction Score
nicely done piece, except for the finish, referring to paige:

'... a clean bill of health on her end should get the Huskies right back into the national title picture.'

awwww, come on. RIGHT BACK into the national title picture? Flohoops doesn't know that uconn's been there for the past 20-some years? damn poor research. the article obviously needed a decent copy editor. golly gee.
UConn got bounced in the S16 last year. They weren't in the national title picture. Not even close. Perhaps that's what they meant?

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
UConn got bounced in the S16 last year. They weren't in the national title picture. Not even close. Perhaps that's what they meant?
you MUST be joking :eek: ... you're actually thinking that getting 'bounced' (failing to reach the elite 8 and the FF for the first time since early in the 21st century) means they're weren't in the 'picture'? so any team that doesn't get to the final weekend was never a contender?

WOW! that is one heck of a off-the-wall perspective. ha ha ha ha. ... but if you say so. i'm sure lots of BYers are with you, sad to say. (BTW, i was poking fun at the story, which i actually thought was a good summation of the BE.)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Interesting game today involving a Big East team: #23 Illinois at Marquette at 3 pm.

Marquette is 1-0 after defeating UT-Martin 84-51 led by familiar players Liza Karlen and Jordan King. Marquette was picked to finish 3rd in the Big East, behind UConn and Creighton and ahead of Villanova.

Reaction Score
I was happy to see Marquette's win today as well. I doubt it is very common for a fan base to root for other teams in their conference.

It must be because naysayers will question UConn's conference, saying they just have a bunch of easy Big East wins. Of course they don't take into account the toughest out of conference schedule - year after year. We just want respect for the conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom