Big East TV contract | The Boneyard

Big East TV contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
One of the primary reasons people think the BEAST won't survive is because of it's relatively small TV package for football. But wasn't that deal done at the worst possible time for the conference? didn't that happen almost immediately after the ACC raid? or within one year of such?

I think the growing and expanding BEAST is going to command much larger TV revenues next time around, especially if we add 3 more decent programs (maybe from the B12). Throw in a championship game, and revenues surge. That will put us in a much more competitive position with the other BCS conferences in terms of revenues.

Furthermore, there is no bigger TV market than the northeast corridor, our potential is still unlimited

Reaction Score
We need a few teams to really step up on the field, and for TCU to right their ship this season. The deal will be an improvement over what exists now (how couldn't it be), but we need teams to have a big year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's tough when you win 25 straight regular season games and drop a 2 point game on the road and you get called out for needing to 'right your ship'.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It's tough when you win 25 straight regular season games and drop a 2 point game on the road and you get called out for needing to 'right your ship'.
Imagine how the board will react if our men's and women's teams both lose a game during the same week.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
One of the primary reasons people think the BEAST won't survive is because of it's relatively small TV package for football. But wasn't that deal done at the worst possible time for the conference? didn't that happen almost immediately after the ACC raid? or within one year of such?

I think the growing and expanding BEAST is going to command much larger TV revenues next time around, especially if we add 3 more decent programs (maybe from the B12). Throw in a championship game, and revenues surge. That will put us in a much more competitive position with the other BCS conferences in terms of revenues.

Furthermore, there is no bigger TV market than the northeast corridor, our potential is still unlimited

95% of sports media people do not understand the business side at all, so you can ignore most of what is said on ESPN or blogs when they talk about who will raid who.

I don't think any more significant additions are necessary. Maybe, a Philadelphia school is added for football only, whether Villanova or Temple, because it would be cheap, help us in that market and we may need a little bit more football inventory. I can see pros and cons with Houston.

The Big East is getting paid no matter what, and it will be a big number. I expect $17-18 million per football school, and about $10 million per basketball school, and $20MM/school/year is not out of the question. There are more buyers than sellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom