Big East Tourney tips | The Boneyard

Big East Tourney tips

Reaction Score
I’m booking my trip to NY for the BET and I’m wondering if I should buy tickets for Saturday now, or I’ll be fine if I wait til that weekend.

My thinking is if we make it to the final I might drop stupid money to sit close, and if I’m gonna be watching Nova v Xavier I would rather be in cheaper seats.

Do people from losing teams mostly sell their tickets or are the final tickets generally scarce?

Any tips for a first timer for the BET final?

Reaction Score
I'm going into NYC Friday, and I don't have any tickets yet. Current plan is to buy as teams start to get eliminated. By the semifinals, 7 teams will have gone home, so supply on the secondary market should explode starting Wednesday. However, depending on who makes the semis and final and depending on how many people are playing the same game as me, tickets may or may not be cheaper on the day of the games.

Interested to hear what others have to say.

Reaction Score
The closer it gets to the weekend prices tend to climb. Especially if it’s the old big east squads still in it.

You can try scooping tickets early in the week if a high seed falls and those fans unload their tickets they purchased in anticipation

Reaction Score
I've always had luck scalping at the Garden. Hasn't mattered the day, always fans with packages early with games they have to buy and not their team, or last couple games their team got knocked out so they off load on street.

I always worry a little bit walking that tiks are real but 3 for 3 BET's I attended. Most I paid was $5 over face value.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
My feeling is I could’ve told you exactly what to do in old BET. I’ve been to well over 20. But no one giving advice here has any experience at new BET. ( unless providence or nova fans want to chime in) ….So take any advice with a large grain of salt. I would imagine overall it will be an easier ticket but things have also changed in the way tickets are delivered. Especially since Covid.

Reaction Score
My feeling is I could’ve told you exactly what to do in old BET. I’ve been to well over 20. But no one giving advice here has any experience at new BET. ( unless providence or nova fans want to chime in) ….So take any advice with a large grain of salt. I would imagine overall it will be an easier ticket but things have also changed in the way tickets are delivered. Especially since Covid.
100%. I went to 25 in a row starting in 86 but it’s a new ballgame now

Reaction Score
Curious - Does anyone ”know” how they determine the location of team benches for the BE tourney? I went back and watched some of the 2021 and 2019 highlights, looks like the lower seed (meaning the team with the better record) was in front of section 6 with the higher in front of section 4. For the nba fans, section 6 is behind the Knicks bench, with the away team in front of section 4

Reaction Score
Just bought two tix to the championship. $85 a piece which I don't think is too bad given the hype the tourney usually gets.

This is my first BE tourney ever and I'm going with my old roommate. Renting a hotel for the night and just getting into general debauchery, shennanigans, and possibly tomfoolery.

Even if UConn doesn't make it to Saturday, it'll be a hell of a weekend in my books. !!!!

Reaction Score
Just bought two tix to the championship. $85 a piece which I don't think is too bad given the hype the tourney usually gets.

This is my first BE tourney ever and I'm going with my old roommate. Renting a hotel for the night and just getting into general debauchery, shennanigans, and possibly tomfoolery.

Even if UConn doesn't make it to Saturday, it'll be a hell of a weekend in my books. !!!!
I have the same plan, but I'm bailing if UConn gets eliminated. Already have a room booked for Friday and Saturday, with no cancelation fee. God help us if we lose on Thursday!!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
IF Nova falls in their 1st game there will be tons of tickets to be had
The two teams with the largest following will be UConn and Nova, by far
There is no Cuse or Louisville so I'm not sure who will also travel well
Surprisingly, St Johns has never had a large contingency
My guess (been to every OBE Tournament but not NBE and not this year) is that the further that Nova and UConn plays the smaller the bucket of available tickets

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom