Big East tourney teams? | The Boneyard

Big East tourney teams?

Reaction Score
Before yesterday it felt like it could be 6. Now, it seems like 4 locks and maybe a 5th. Does the Big East suffer from UConn being a juggernaut this year? Whereas the MW will get a bunch of teams because they’re all average and trade off wins.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I’m going to say 5, with The top 3 getting strong seeds. There will be 2 of Villanova - Seton Hall - St. John’s. Seton Hall should be one, and it’s a coin flip for the other 2.

Reaction Score
I’m going to say 5, with The top 3 getting strong seeds. There will be 2 of Villanova - Seton Hall - St. John’s. Seton Hall should be one, and it’s a coin flip for the other 2.
Generally agree, but I think it’s possible Providence slips in as a Last 4 In if they can beat GTown and Marquette in the BET.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Seton Hall should be in with 20 wins. St. John's needs to beat Seton Hall to lock up a bid.
Nova needs at least one win in the BET but two would lock it up.
Providence needs at least one win in the BET but two would lock it up.
Butler needs to get to the BET final (could possibly sneak in if get to semifinal).

Reaction Score
Hall is a lock at this point. St Johns beating Hall would also lock them, but I think they are probably in regardless. They just may be in a play in game if they take that Hall L.

Nova and PC should be judged pretty similarly. But Nova has 10 wins in Quad 1-2 while PC only has 7.

Also Nova beat them twice, which has to matter, but Nova also lost to 3 teams in q3 when PC was undefeated there.

I personally think both are out right now and need bubble help unless one beats a top 3 in NY.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If you want to see the maximum number of Big East bids root for the following:
St. John's over Seton Hall
Nova wins two games in BET
Providence wins two games in BET
Indiana State, FAU, Dayton, James Madison, Princeton, and Grand Canyon win their respective tournaments
Early exits in ACC tournament for Pitt and Wake
Early exit in Big 12 tournament for Texas
Early exits in Pac-12 tournament for Utah and Oregon
Early exits in MW tournament for New Mexico and Colorado State
Gonzaga/St. Mary's final in WCC
Early exits in SEC tournament for Mississippi State and Ole Miss
Early exits in Big Ten tournament for Iowa and Ohio State

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
If you want to see the maximum number of Big East bids root for the following:
St. John's over Seton Hall
Nova wins two games in BET
Providence wins two games in BET
Indiana State, FAU, Dayton, James Madison, Princeton, and Grand Canyon win their respective tournaments
Early exits in ACC tournament for Pitt and Wake
Early exit in Big 12 tournament for Texas
Early exits in Pac-12 tournament for Utah and Oregon
Early exits in MW tournament for New Mexico and Colorado State
Gonzaga/St. Mary's final in WCC
Early exits in SEC tournament for Mississippi State and Ole Miss
Early exits in Big Ten tournament for Iowa and Ohio State
Thanks for thinking all that through.

Reaction Score
Who cares? Other than the top 3 none will win any tournament games

Reaction Score
Seton Hall should be in with 20 wins. St. John's needs to beat Seton Hall to lock up a bid.
Nova needs at least one win in the BET but two would lock it up.
Providence needs at least one win in the BET but two would lock it up.
Butler needs to get to the BET final (could possibly sneak in if get to semifinal).
Going off memory, Seton Hall’s OOC is not impressive. I hope both teams get in. SJU’s loss to Michigan is a looking like a giant herpes skin rash. It’s a terrible loss on the resume.

Reaction Score
Going off memory, Seton Hall’s OOC is not impressive. I hope both teams get in. SJU’s loss to Michigan is a looking like a giant herpes skin rash. It’s a terrible loss on the resume.

The thing is the entire “bubble” is heavily flawed teams. Seton Hall beating us and Marquette is huge for them. They are in

Reaction Score
Before yesterday it felt like it could be 6. Now, it seems like 4 locks and maybe a 5th. Does the Big East suffer from UConn being a juggernaut this year? Whereas the MW will get a bunch of teams because they’re all average and trade off wins.
DePaul was the anti-UConn and managed to give out 2 more wins to the league than UConn could replace with losses.

Reaction Score
UConn, Creighton, Marquette are locks so that 3.
Hall is listed as last four byes so that's 4.
SJU is listed as last 4 in so they should be in with a win over Hall. I'm rooting for that anyways b/c i want the BET semis to be UConn v. SJ and Crieghton v. Marquette. that's an epic double header.
Nova needs to beat Depaul and Marquette to get in.
so i think we end up with 5 teams in.

Reaction Score
Hall is a lock at this point. St Johns beating Hall would also lock them, but I think they are probably in regardless. They just may be in a play in game if they take that Hall L.

Nova and PC should be judged pretty similarly. But Nova has 10 wins in Quad 1-2 while PC only has 7.

Also Nova beat them twice, which has to matter, but Nova also lost to 3 teams in q3 when PC was undefeated there.

I personally think both are out right now and need bubble help unless one beats a top 3 in NY.
I agree 100 percent on all points. Its that simple

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom