Big east Tournament Still Here... | The Boneyard

Big east Tournament Still Here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's up to someone in Storrs with some common sense not to walk away.

There's still 8 to 14 of us still on board. Besides, Georgetown has no options other than the Big East. Unless they want to be an independent, of course. Either way, no more scheduling with any fraudulent ACC programs.

caw

Reaction Score
Sorry, it would be the complete opposite of common sense to stay in the BE with 8 teams, if most of them are not D1 football.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Your school has had a non-conference series with Duke for how long now and you are now requesting that BE schools no longer schedule with ACC programs?

Also, it takes quite a set to ask schools who are heavily invested in football to remain united with schools that barely (only two of those in fact) field a team. This occurred because too many within the conference's leadership did not take football seriously. Tagliabue (a Hoya) offered his expertise on television negotiations and his first suggestion was that the BE upgrade Nova (my guess is that he viewed this as similar to granting an NFL franchise to Houston nine years ago) with the idea that if this went smoothly, Georgetown (whose football program is a fraction of what Nova's is) could also move up. If this was a solution, it is obvious those in charge did not understand the problem.

Reaction Score
Your school has had a non-conference series with Duke for how long now and you are now requesting that BE schools no longer schedule with ACC programs?

Georgetown played Maryland annually from 1938-80. Outside of tounaments, they've met once since.

Georgetown played BC for 45 straight yars from 1959-04. The teams haven't palyed since and probably never will.

Georgetown ended its series with Duke in 2010. Right now, if they never met again it would be fine by me.

The Big East all but told Georgetown not to pursue a football upgrade back in 1997. It wouldn't have mattered if they had tried to move I-A or not, just like Villanova, they wouldn't have been voted in.

And who was the president of the school that stalled Villanova's bid this summer? Mark Nordenberg, of course. Fraud.

Reaction Score
Makes zero sense to stay. It isnt UConn's job to carry other BE teams, they need to look out for themselves.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
The first offer we get we are gone, be it the ACC, Big? or hell, even the Pac 10+

Reaction Score
It's up to someone in Storrs with some common sense not to walk away.

There's still 8 to 14 of us still on board. Besides, Georgetown has no options other than the Big East. Unless they want to be an independent, of course. Either way, no more scheduling with any fraudulent ACC programs.
Sorry, we've got to go if we can get into the ACC or Big 10. Things were destined not to work between the football and non-football schools. I really hate to see the end of Big East basketball but it looks very likely now.

Reaction Score
Face it Hoya, the Big East is dead, and not even UConn can save it.

Thanks for acknowledging we're the last big swinging in the room, we do appreciate the sentiments lil bro.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that UConn would have been happy to stay in the Big East, as it was constituted, for many years to come. UConn's hand has been forced and they are not going to sit around while the four "super conferences" load up on schools only to be on the outside looking in when it comes to football and potentially basketball.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Face it Hoya, the Big East is dead, and not even UConn can save it.

Thanks for acknowledging we're the last big swinging in the room, we do appreciate the sentiments lil bro.

Which unfortunately means we are the dumbest dick. Oddly, I used the phrase big swinging dick in a post about the ACC not a few moments ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom