Big East Tournament Seeding Probabilities | The Boneyard

Big East Tournament Seeding Probabilities

Reaction Score
IMG_2447.jpeg

Reaction Score
This will shake out real well for us if we tcob today.

Hall-Johnnies or Hall-Nova would be very entertaining 4/5 matchups

Reaction Score
Does it make more sense to buy tickets now for Thurs/Fri since we know our slot and others still don’t.

Or better to wait for tickets to be disbursed so there is more overall supply on the market?

Reaction Score
Good question. I decided to purchase for Thursday and wait for the send backs to purchase for Friday. Two ways to play this, if your at the first game can try to contact losing teams fans to see if they have tickets to sell. Could be touchy, but worked for me before. Other is wait till shortly before Fridays game as tickets not sold become cheaper.

Reaction Score
Does it make more sense to buy tickets now for Thurs/Fri since we know our slot and others still don’t.

Or better to wait for tickets to be disbursed so there is more overall supply on the market?
My two cents, from 20+ years of somewhat more than casually observing secondary ticket markets.

prices have been stable the past two weeks, with # of listings rising steadily. Presumably that's the schools all releasing Tix one by one. I bought in for Thursday a week ago seeing high likelihood of us at the one and high likelihood of two or three "within a train ride" teams rounding out our double header. I think it's intuitive that those fans need to wait to buy their tix, and that listings will start to go down, and maybe prices up, as seeds get locked in.

Ultimately I think there's a lot of UConn interest from fans who want to see the defending national champs in the Big East Tournament that will keep the market for tix hot, even for a Thursday noon game and even before other teams have their seeds figured out. I don't think there's going to be a massive firesale for UConn involved Tix for any session this year, unfortunately. Maybe just the final, where there's only two fan bases buying in and more losing team fans trying to dump tix.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
My two cents, from 20+ years of somewhat more than casually observing secondary ticket markets.

prices have been stable the past two weeks, with # of listings rising steadily. Presumably that's the schools all releasing Tix one by one. I bought in for Thursday a week ago seeing high likelihood of us at the one and high likelihood of two or three "within a train ride" teams rounding out our double header. I think it's intuitive that those fans need to wait to buy their tix, and that listings will start to go down, and maybe prices up, as seeds get locked in.

Ultimately I think there's a lot of UConn interest from fans who want to see the defending national champs in the Big East Tournament that will keep the market for tix hot, even for a Thursday noon game and even before other teams have their seeds figured out. I don't think there's going to be a massive firesale for UConn involved Tix for any session this year, unfortunately. Maybe just the final, where there's only two fan bases buying in and more losing team fans trying to dump tix.
Appreciate this insight.

Reaction Score
This will shake out real well for us if we tcob today.

Hall-Johnnies or Hall-Nova would be very entertaining 4/5 matchups
Looks like we’ll get the Xavier/Butler winner

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom