Big East Tournament Pregame Pressers | The Boneyard

Big East Tournament Pregame Pressers

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Paige is an absolutely tremendous interviewee. Not only does she remember the question when giving a very long answer, but she will tell a story or make a point, and then bring her answer back to the original question. And she's refreshingly honest in not giving "prepared" answers, and just being honest and upfront. What a delight!

I do wish someone asked her about her shooting "slump" - her shot has been a tad off. But that's on the horde, not on Paige! :D

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Paige is an absolutely tremendous interviewee. Not only does she remember the question when giving a very long answer, but she will tell a story or make a point, and then bring her answer back to the original question. And she's refreshingly honest in not giving "prepared" answers, and just being honest and upfront. What a delight!

I do wish someone asked her about her shooting "slump" - her shot has been a tad off. But that's on the horde, not on Paige! :D
Fun listening to Geno when asked about personalities that he had some players when the press asked to talk to them, he said why? Guessing Paige is not in that category. :D :D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
When Paige was asked about criticism about passing to much she gave a great answer that passing talk was mostly Geno and if she got a $1 for every time he brought it up she'd have a milion dollars. She is remarkle for being so young but having some pretty mature ideas and every once in a while sending a message back to her Coach.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I liked the part when asked if she expected that alot of people do not like (or root for ) UConn, she said yes but it is eye opening to live it. And alot of people do not like Geno apparently. :eek:

Reaction Score
Paige says... "The Only 'Awards' I am concerned about winning are Big East Regular Season Championship, Big East Tournament Championship, and NCAA Tournament Championship".... Said like a True Champion playing in a TEAM Sport! Way to go Paige!!!!! :cool:?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wait, what? Geno and the UConn program are NOT universally liked?
1614911825327.jpeg

Reaction Score

There aren’t enough superlatives to describe this young lady!

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
paige mentioned a factor that i think is a huge contributor to her ability to be outstanding 'in the clutch' -- she accepts that if she fails, that's OK. she's not afraid of failing.

yet she's confident of success.

i think that true D too.

she's very self-aware.

Reaction Score
paige mentioned a factor that i think is a huge contributor to her ability to be outstanding 'in the clutch' -- she accepts that if she fails, that's OK. she's not afraid of failing.

yet she's confident of success.

i think that true D too.

she's very self-aware.
Nice Post!
I am seeing Paige as "unaffected", which "may" be the opposite of self-aware. I've said it before on the BY, that as a teacher, occasionally you run across a kid(s) that does not care about all the self-conscious, hormonal, what everybody is thinking kind of stuff. It's refreshing to see. They don't have to have the latest fashion in clothes, shoes. They kind of ignore all the kid competitive kid stuff. So, they're able to concentrate on things. They're popular because they're nice and they just go about their business.
The other players describe Paige as level. CW just motioned level with her hand. Her mind is processing information. You can even see how her eyes move when she's sitting there. I think one reason why she's just a better player is because her mind is clear, she's aware of so much that's happening. My guess is that she learns moves quickly. (dancing?) Most people have to memorize moves, I bet she doesn't, she can just do it.
I sense that she is "at least a little" aggravated at GA for his incessant telling her to shoot. It probably sounds "tinny" in her head. I predict that she is going to figure that aspect of her game out in these 2 tournaments in an epic fashion. I also predict that GA will quiet down, so that can happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom