Big East to Reclassify Forfeits | The Boneyard

Big East to Reclassify Forfeits

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
IMO, omicron is going to infect almost everyone regardless of mask wearing and vaccination status...so punishing teams would be unjust.
HH MD (MPH in Epidemiology and Infectious Diseases specialits)

Reaction Score
Good move. It seems like the question is, just moving forward, or will past forfeits be rescheduled?

My take is they just went with the default forfeiture rules and are now making a covid exception, which makes sense.

Reaction Score
Not surprising I'm guessing that the policy was made before Omnicron when they felt vaccination of staff and players would keep cases under control so the forfeits would be rare and kinda the fault of poor university policy. Omnicron blew that whole idea to smithereens.

Reaction Score
Of course they did. The original policy was dumb And a lazy solution. Only time I could see it is if you had a bunch of unvaccinated players. Then, yeah.

Reaction Score
Play the darn games. re-schedule them all!!!

forfeits devalues the games we all want to watch and be decided on the field

Reaction Score
Calling it a forfeit, rather than a game that didn’t get played, only mattered for Big East Tourney standings anyway. It’s not like the NCAA tourney committee was going to give any weight to who forfeited to you.

Reaction Score
When the other big boys did it it was only matter time the BE joined in.

Figure out a way to play the games, its not very difficult.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Not surprising I'm guessing that the policy was made before Omnicron when they felt vaccination of staff and players would keep cases under control so the forfeits would be rare and kinda the fault of poor university policy. Omnicron blew that whole idea to smithereens.
In the space of 3 days the following has happened in Westchester County, Los Angeles and DC: My son in LA was at, maybe luckily,an outdoor event at his kids’ school. His whole family is very careful. He was called the next day by a man he has been talking to for several minutes at the event and the guy had just tested positive. So far my son is ok.

Meanwhile, my son is Westchester was scheduled to go with his family to visit his brother, my son in LA, over the holiday break. This weekend his eldest daughter was due to host several young friends from out of state and were to attend an event together. The group arrived in Westchester, a chaperoning mother and two kids got sick, tested positive and turned around and drove mmediately back home 3 hours away. They were in my son’s house for less than a half hour. Two days later my daughter in law felt sick, tested positive and they had to cancel the trip to LA.

A short while ago today a friend told us that her son in DC was supposed to leave in two days for a vacation in Sweden with his fiancé. She came down with COVID and they had ton cancel the trip

Luckily the sick or those immediately connected to them have been fully vaccinated and nobody is seriously ill, but boy this Omicron is everywhere.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
The right move…At least the league is BIG enough to address and immediately correct a mistake in judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom