OT: - Big East teams thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Big East teams thread

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Creighton wins over Iowa. Big big win.

I may be in the minority, but I think Iowa was overseeded.
Half of the P5 teams were overseeded. Wouldn't it be nice if the Big East and FGCU met in the Final Four. That would maybe shut the pundits up a bit on all those P5 teams.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
That brings up something I often wonder about. When a team beats a ranked team early in the season (maybe not the very first game) and then that team proceeds to underperform and then drops in the rankings, that win is often dismissed. I’m not sure why? After all, they had to have earned that ranking by their play up to that point. So, if my team beats the number 8 ranked team for example, then that team underperforms and ends up number 24, it still doesn’t change the fact that we beat the 8th ranked team. I’m just curious how others feel about that whole situation, I guess?
The rankings are usually guess work during the OOC and they are often very wrong because a lot of teams play really crap schedules. The reverse can also be true Uconn lost to an unranked Georgia Tech team that was then ranked in the teens until a late swoon dropped them from the rankings again - same happened with Oregon rankings. Once teams start playing conference opponents where comparative strength within the conference can really be assessed, the rankings start making more sense.

A win against a top five team is likely to hold up through the year because those teams have so much talent to start with, but the lower ranked teams are more of a crap shoot.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Half of the P5 teams were overseeded. Wouldn't it be nice if the Big East and FGCU met in the Final Four. That would maybe shut the pundits up a bit on all those P5 teams.
And yet, if this happens, we'll hear all sorts of excuses for the perceived "better" teams ... ad nauseam

Reaction Score
Of course it’s arbitrary. Just seems to me that getting to the Sweet 16 would generate interest by certain recruits. If you feel that it doesn’t matter and has no impact, that OK too.
I think sometimes a recruit likes to see a program gaining traction and wants to be a part of the process.
JMHO

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I think sometimes a recruit likes to see a program gaining traction and wants to be a part of the process.
JMHO

Valid point. There are several reason: program legacy, championships won, coaching staff, campus life.. They all factor in.

Reaction Score
Can’t understand why Norte Dame finished the season badly. They should be at least a top 10 team.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just loved the shocked faces of the Iowa fans after Jensen made the 3 point jumper with just 13 seconds left.
Almost as funny as the Baylor fans all decked out in gold lame looking on in shock as Baylor went down!!

On edit, i found this on the general board - this is what i was referencing LOL!! It looked a little like they thought Kim Mulkey was still the coach!!

1647824943970.png

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom