Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
http://post original url/ZtqQHtpG

zls44

Reaction Score
Hey, here's a question...why in the duckk would the Big East let this be in the release?

"
Dr. Daryl Gross, Director of Athletics for Syracuse University, said: “We look forward to the new academic and athletic partnerships and the extraordinary competitive opportunities that membership in the ACC offers."

I really, really, REALLY hate the Big East. Just a stupid group of people all-around. Can't wait to get out someday. What a thole mess of morons this is. Breathtaking.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
cuse just boinked pitt $$ wise. lmfao. its not a huge amount but it shows 1 thing. cuse doesn't have the balls up in the high offices to make it in d1 sports any more. pitt was holding on 5mil, and guess what, anyone can bully around the BE offices and get there way. thats what pitt was doing. cuse walks in and asks for 5mil, BE says 10 and cuse says we got a deal in the middle. too funny, that school is bc west and it will be obvious real soon. bball will slowly decline but still be ok because 4-12 in the acc is like 12-16 in the past BE. fball will drop dead bc style and they will rise back to the top in lax like bc puck and have there 1 sport that matters.

Reaction Score
cuse just boinked pitt $$ wise. lmfao. its not a huge amount but it shows 1 thing. cuse doesn't have the balls up in the high offices to make it in d1 sports any more. pitt was holding on 5mil, and guess what, anyone can bully around the BE offices and get there way. thats what pitt was doing. cuse walks in and asks for 5mil, BE says 10 and cuse says we got a deal in the middle. too funny, that school is bc west and it will be obvious real soon. bball will slowly decline but still be ok because 4-12 in the acc is like 12-16 in the past BE. fball will drop dead bc style and they will rise back to the top in lax like bc puck and have there 1 sport that matters.

If I understand your point, you're saying Cuse isn't up to the task because it renegotiated its contract in good faith. You are being critical of that? Really?

Man, I've got a lot to learn about business.

Hats off to Syracuse btw. One of the few athletic departments left with integrity and ethics.

Reaction Score
Do you want to stay on good terms with SU or antagonize them? Their good graces may be necessary in the future, like it or not. This also puts pressure on Pitt to cough up $7.5 mil. How to you propose to muzzle the SU AD so that he can make no comment or a censored comment on an agreement? BE can be slammed for some things, but not this.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Unless otherwise agreed to, either party is free to announce a deal. Maybe the BE wanted it this way. I wouldn't want to hold a PC on this if I were the Big East.

Or, it's another example of poor negotiating by the BE. Makes you all warm and fuzzy about the pending TV negotiations that only mean everything. :mad:

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Capture9.JPG

Reaction Score
A generic one line statement that says absolutely nothing is wholly irrelevant except to keep a good relationship between SU and other BE members, which is far more significant than any "damage" potentially done by that irrelevant one line statement.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If I understand your point, you're saying Cuse isn't up to the task because it renegotiated its contract in good faith. You are being critical of that? Really?

Man, I've got a lot to learn about business.

Hats off to Syracuse btw. One of the few athletic departments left with integrity and ethics.

cuse has integrity and ethics? they tried to leave in 04 and then they did leave last year. they built this conf then ditched it. i get it now.

what i'm saying is that everyone leaving is kicking the big east while its down, cuse couldn't and it shows that they just aren't a bully any more in the college athletics landscape. u need to be to survive and prosper. jim calhoun is a bully. geno is a bully and if u don't think so your blind to the way he control media and other things(for the record i love them and am a huge fan and so on but just being real). its a dog eat dog world and cuse isn't cut for it any more.

Reaction Score
this just confirms your a cuse fan from where u got it.

Jeez r u silly enough to think this is the only board I visit?

Maybe u are a syr fan too since u seem to know what is on their board

Logical thinking, not everyone's strong suit

pj

Reaction Score
what i'm saying is that everyone leaving is kicking the big east while its down, cuse couldn't and it shows that they just aren't a bully any more in the college athletics landscape. u need to be to survive and prosper.... its a dog eat dog world and cuse isn't cut for it any more.

I don't get it. WVU paid $20 million to leave the Big East immediately. Syracuse paid $7.5 mn to leave with a year's notice. The contract calls for paying $5 mn with 2 year's notice. It's not obvious that WVU "bullied" the Big East and Syracuse didn't.

As for Pitt, they have to pony up $7.5 mn to leave next year, $5 mn to leave in 2014, or lose a lawsuit and pay more. They'll probably pay the $7.5 mn in fairly short order, as that $2.5 mn is only a small fraction of the extra revenue they'll get by being in the ACC, and their chances of breaking their contract are slim.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
A generic one line statement that says absolutely nothing is wholly irrelevant except to keep a good relationship between SU and other BE members, which is far more significant than any "damage" potentially done by that irrelevant one line statement.
+1

Let them walk away now. Hate having them around one more year as it is.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I don't get it. WVU paid $20 million to leave the Big East immediately. Syracuse paid $7.5 mn to leave with a year's notice. The contract calls for paying $5 mn with 2 year's notice. It's not obvious that WVU "bullied" the Big East and Syracuse didn't.

As for Pitt, they have to pony up $7.5 mn to leave next year, $5 mn to leave in 2014, or lose a lawsuit and pay more. They'll probably pay the $7.5 mn in fairly short order, as that $2.5 mn is only a small fraction of the extra revenue they'll get by being in the ACC, and their chances of breaking their contract are slim.

pitt wouldn't lose a lawsuit. wvu under law had to give the BE a year notice or whatever. they said and took the BE to court and the result was they could go for a price. the BE is soft. pitt was next to flex its muscle and stupid private school cuse messed it up for them. pitt is mad, even if they don't show it thru media.

now 2.5 mil isn't alot of money and not a big deal in the grand view, but its the spinelessness of it that irks pitt.

pj

Reaction Score
pitt wouldn't lose a lawsuit. wvu under law had to give the BE a year notice or whatever. they said and took the BE to court and the result was they could go for a price. the BE is soft. pitt was next to flex its muscle and stupid private school cuse messed it up for them. pitt is mad, even if they don't show it thru media.

now 2.5 mil isn't alot of money and not a big deal in the grand view, but its the spinelessness of it that irks pitt.

That's not how I read it. The Big East gave Syracuse a good deal in order to get the situation resolved. They get an extra $7-8 mn per year moving to the ACC and giving 1/3 of that to the Big East is very fair.

WVU didn't win a lawsuit, they settled by coming up with enough money to bribe the Big East.

Pitt doesn't have a leg to stand on in court and it will be high risk for them to fight for an exit fee of less than the $7.5 mn. What's their case, WVU got to leave early for $20 mn so I should have the same right? The Big East would love that.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
That's not how I read it. The Big East gave Syracuse a good deal in order to get the situation resolved. They get an extra $7-8 mn per year moving to the ACC and giving 1/3 of that to the Big East is very fair.

WVU didn't win a lawsuit, they settled by coming up with enough money to bribe the Big East.

Pitt doesn't have a leg to stand on in court and it will be high risk for them to fight for an exit fee of less than the $7.5 mn. What's their case, WVU got to leave early for $20 mn so I should have the same right? The Big East would love that.

Bottom line is that pitt was playing tuff at 5mil. Cuse was a and instead of playin tuff they setteled at 7.5. They just fed pitt for another 2.5. I hate both schools but my pointis cuse cant hack it on the court, on the field or in the ad offices.

zls44

Reaction Score
Bottom line is that pitt was playing tuff at 5mil. Cuse was a and instead of playin tuff they setteled at 7.5. They just fed pitt for another 2.5. I hate both schools but my pointis cuse cant hack it on the court, on the field or in the ad offices.

Yeah, Cuse was really crappy in basketball last year and in getting picked above UConn to go to a better conference. They clearly have no idea what they're doing.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Yeah, Cuse was really crappy in basketball last year and in getting picked above UConn to go to a better conference. They clearly have no idea what they're doing.

your right, instead of uconn doing what its done the past 15 years we should aim as a bball program to have 1 good year out of every ten and we should beg the acc in 2014 and then again in 2022 to join until we finally do in 2023. the best thing for uconn is to play sports in a conf of pita private schools who pretend to care and cash checks.

Reaction Score
your right, instead of uconn doing what its done the past 15 years we should aim as a bball program to have 1 good year out of every ten and we should beg the acc in 2014 and then again in 2022 to join until we finally do in 2023. the best thing for uconn is to play sports in a conf of pita private schools who pretend to care and cash checks.

The very real problem that UCONN faces when compared to any school in one of the Power 5 conferences is money. The resources the Power 5 conference schools have will be a multiple of what non-Power 5 conference schools have.

Syr, pitt or any Power 5 conference school can make mistakes, hire a bad coach, etc. and have the $$ to recover.

The longer that UCONN is stuck in the NBE the worse the situation will become.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The very real problem that UCONN faces when compared to any school in one of the Power 5 conferences is money. The resources the Power 5 conference schools have will be a multiple of what non-Power 5 conference schools have.

Syr, pitt or any Power 5 conference school can make mistakes, hire a bad coach, etc. and have the $$ to recover.

The longer that UCONN is stuck in the NBE the worse the situation will become.

we will make less than schools in the big 4 and a bit less not much less than the acc. there is no power 5. the new acc vs the new big east is a bloodbath in favor of big east schools on the field. funny guy. uconn is the rare one $$ wise tho because we have img and tier 3 deals that are better than other schools which makes up for some of the $$ difference. i'll go out on a limb here just because i would be interested in a true answer to this. yes i know the img deal doesn't have to do with tv but i'm saying we make $$ off that the other schools dont match up 2. uconn may make more than cuse in 2015 $$ wise. lets say uconn went to the acc, how much money would they make tv wise and tier 3 stuff in 2015? how much will they make in 2015 in the new big east?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom