Big East Survivors Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big East Survivors Thread

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Multiple fouls to your best players in the first few minutes is going to handcuff you.

And it really. Shaka breeds scrappy teams, but you can't get called for those handsy fouls, or you're done for.

Izzo got a lot of friendly whistles in that game.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Kolek went 7-4-5 and 6 TOs yesterday.
He looked like Alterique when he tried to go in the paint.

I don't know if I'd say MSU "manhandled" Marquette. But they did get Marquette off their game. Besides Kolek being a bust, Kam did OK, as did all of Marq's forwards, although Joplin only shot three 3s and he's their top guy from out there. Ball movement wasn't as sharp as usual, but I didn't really notice MSU doing anything special to clog passing lanes. Marquette also didn't keep up defensive intensity throughout, only in spurts.

Reaction Score
Marquette's been playing really well, but Izzo is always tough in March and he's got veteran guards again, which is when he usually wins.

Pitt's D has been much improved in March, but they did play two trainwreck offensive teams. I think Xavier cruises.

Creighton Baylor is a toss-up. Does Baylor make a bunch of midrange pullups or miss more of them? Can they stop Kalkbrenner on rolls to the rim?
Izzo is always tough in March? Really?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He looked like Alterique when he tried to go in the paint.

I don't know if I'd say MSU "manhandled" Marquette. But they did get Marquette off their game. Besides Kolek being a bust, Kam did OK, as did all of Marq's forwards, although Joplin only shot three 3s and he's their top guy from out there. Ball movement wasn't as sharp as usual, but I didn't really notice MSU doing anything special to clog passing lanes. Marquette also didn't keep up defensive intensity throughout, only in spurts.
I don't think Kolek was a 100%. Didn't he get hammered the game before?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There is a poster who told everyone who would listen that the Big East was "weak". And then when Xavier got off to that slow start, he reminded us again of said weakness, while complaining of being "mocked". Since he doubled down, I believe the mocking needs to double down. He should change his name to Mocky McMockface. Of maybe Mock Mockington.

Reaction Score
I've got Marquette, Baylor and Pittsburgh in my bracket, and I'm sticking to it.

Anything can happen of course, but I think Marquette has more talent and Smart is easily as good a coach as Izzo. Baylor can stink a place up, but as mentioned above, both the venue and Creighton's bench liabilities favor Baylor. And Xavier looked like crap last game, their success has become Hunter's responsibility, and Pitt arguably now has better guard play and inside play with the development of the Diaz twins.
Can u tell me your picks for this weekend so I can bet the opposite? :D

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Can u tell me your picks for this weekend so I can bet the opposite? :D
UConn, K State, UCLA, Alabama, Tennessee, Texas, Houston, and Creighton. Bet large!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom