Big East Standings | The Boneyard

Big East Standings

Reaction Score
One game left. We're far and away #1.

2. Creighton 13-6 (@Nova)
3. Marquette 13-6 (@Xavier)
4. Seton Hall 12-7 (vs. DePaul)

Seton Hall will win.

If Creighton and Marquette both win, Seton Hall is #4.
If Creighton and Marquette both lose, Seton Hall is #4.
If Creighton loses and Marquette wins, Seton Hall is #4.
If Creighton wins and Marquette loses, Marquette is #4. This is the scenario we want to avoid.

For #5, Villanova, St. John's, and Providence are tied at 10-9, and I think none of them control their own destiny, though St. John's has the inside track. St. John's is very likely to beat Georgetown at home. Villanova hosts Creighton. We are at Providence.

If any one of them wins, but the other two lose, they get it.

If all 3 win or lose, it's St. John's.
If St. John's wins, Villanova wins, but Providence loses, it's St. John's.
If St. John's wins, Villanova loses, but Providence wins, it's Providence's.

I think I would prefer SH as the #4 and Nova as the #5, in which case we're rooting for Marquette and Nova to win and for St. John's to lose (unlikely).

Reaction Score
If Kenpom projections for the games hold, its SH/SJ in the 4/5 match up.

Reaction Score
The key is having Marquette and Creighton on the other side of the bracket so basically we just need Marquette to beat Xavier and nothing else matters, right?
Yeah that's the most important thing.

We need Marquette to win. Or, if they lose, we want Creighton to lose too.

The #5 seed is less important. I didn't even get into the #8/9 seed, which is likely to be Butler/Xavier, but one of the 10-9 teams has a chance to fall into that game.

Reaction Score

The #5 seed is less important. I didn't even get into the #8/9 seed, which is likely to be Butler/Xavier, but one of the 10-9 teams has a chance to fall into that game.
Butler/Xavier as our 8/9 seed would definitely be ideal

Reaction Score
The big wrinkle would be PC beating us and X beating Marq, that sets up a PC/Marq game in the 4/5 matchup

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Seton Hall will win.

If Creighton wins and Marquette loses, Marquette is #4. This is the scenario we want to avoid.

For #5, Villanova, St. John's, and Providence are tied at 10-9, and I think none of them control their own destiny, though St. John's has the inside track. St. John's is very likely to beat Georgetown at home. Villanova hosts Creighton. We are at Providence.

I think I would prefer SH as the #4 and Nova as the #5, in which case we're rooting for Marquette and Nova to win and for St. John's to lose (unlikely).

Announcers said last night after the win Seton Hall is locked in to #4. I fully concede announcers are sometimes wrong and I did zero fact checking of their statement.

Reaction Score

Seems like an easy hedge bet. Take creighton and seton hall to win, Marquette to lose parlay.

Although seton hall to beat DePaul is a given so really just creighton marquette parlay.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Seton Hall will win.

Here is a good website to use predictive seeding based on remaining games

According to the link, if all 3 finish 13-7, SHU is still #4.

If you run a scenario where Nova and SH are both 12-8, Nova gets the four and SHU the five.

Biggest thing is Marquette and Creighton are locked in at 2/3 (regardless of order) and will be on opposite side of the bracket from UConn.

Capture.JPG

Reaction Score
Announcers said last night after the win Seton Hall is locked in to #4. I fully concede announcers are sometimes wrong and I did zero fact checking of their statement.
Definitely not true. They have a chance to top Marquette since their h2h is 1-1 and Hall has a win against us but Marq doesnt.

Reaction Score
According to the link, if all 3 finish 13-7, SHU is still #4.

If you run a scenario where Nova and SH are both 12-8, Nova gets the four and SHU the five.

Biggest thing is Marquette and Creighton are locked in at 2/3 (regardless of order) and will be on opposite side of the bracket from UConn.

View attachment 97351
Not true, if Marquette loses and Seton Hall and Creighton both win then Marquette drops to the 4 seed

IMG_6694.jpeg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Definitely not true. They have a chance to top Marquette since their h2h is 1-1 and Hall has a win against us but Marq doesnt.
Not true, if Marquette loses and Seton Hall and Creighton both win then Marquette drops to the 4 seed

View attachment 97352

And this is why I don't trust the media or the internet. Or myself.

Reaction Score
Interested in how the 8/9 tiebreaker shakes out.

If my review of tiebreaker rules is correct, seems like it could go to a coin flip (X, PC, SJ, Nova all split head to head).

Reaction Score
Yeah our win over Marquette last night gave SHU a chance at the 3.

Reaction Score
Is game two of the semi's really on FX1 and not Fox?
Yes. In the past both semifinals games were on FS1 and only the Final was on FOX. This year they moved up both semi final games an hour and gave the first game of two the FOX treatment. The first semifinal game is the lead into Friday WWE Smackdown, which is why game two moves to FS1.

Reaction Score
Interested in how the 8/9 tiebreaker shakes out.

If my review of tiebreaker rules is correct, seems like it could go to a coin flip (X, PC, SJ, Nova all split head to head).
Disregard, I missed that Nova swept PC.

If X can manage to beat Marquette (without Kolek), then they could hop PC.

So we could still potentially get PC in the quarterfinal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom