Big East Standings | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East Standings

Reaction Score
Not a lot of wiggle room between 3rd place and 7th. Dig in Huskies.

Reaction Score
I hope they give Ewing one more year. He did win the BE tournament last year and has a very young team with potential. Unless they get hit hard by transfers in the off season I hope they give him another year. I don’t think he is s bad coach. Just needs to keep his players from transferring.
Yeah, I think its too soon to let Ewing go just yet. Next year, he needs to get good recruits and show that his returnees are developing properly and look to being a 500 team with at minimum NIT aspirations. Time will tell.....

Reaction Score
UConn, Nova, Marquette, Providence, and Xavier should be locks in the tourney almost every year going forward. Creighton and Seton Hall likely will be there too. An elite Georgetown program takes this conference from great to the best basketball league. They really need to sort that mess out. It’s the biggest sleeping giant program in all of college basketball

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Sorry to hear. At least you can catch some games.

Reaction Score
Good luck with your Dad Friar J.

I’m a UConn guy but not going to disparage the Friars. It’s greAt for New England to have a good UConn and PC team. I used to think BC should be part of that mix but they are just plain embarrassing

My understanding is that the teams have little or nothing to do with reschedules. It’s all about what fits in the league rules. I know a PC friend of mine that had us circled before anyone else. For real fans, they just want to see great games and aren’t worried about how one game might effect rankings. Both Uconn and PC are deserving of top 5 or better seeding. I think Nova sweeps PC and takes some of the air out of their balloon but still dangerous in the tourney.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
UConn, Nova, Marquette, Providence, and Xavier should be locks in the tourney almost every year going forward. Creighton and Seton Hall likely will be there too. An elite Georgetown program takes this conference from great to the best basketball league. They really need to sort that mess out. It’s the biggest sleeping giant program in all of college basketball
With an 11-team 20-game league, it will be very challenging to get more than 7 teams in any given year.

Reaction Score
With an 11-team 20-game league, it will be very challenging to get more than 7 teams in any given year.
I was thinking on a similar track - it’s going to be very hard to have multiple protected seeds in the dance when almost every team will have 7+ losses (5/6+ in conference) after the 20-game regular season and the BET.

Reaction Score
Glad you would. Not sure anyone else will.
Seems like sour grapes to me. If they win, they win. We will have plenty of opportunities to get a Championship too. The BE Tourney could be ours for the taking, although Nova and Creighton have owned us.

Reaction Score
Seems like sour grapes to me. If they win, they win. We will have plenty of opportunities to get a Championship too. The BE Tourney could be ours for the taking, although Nova and Creighton have owned us.
I am not worried about Creighton anywhere. We should've never lost that game

Reaction Score
An elite Georgetown program takes this conference from great to the best basketball league.
agreed but theyve been so bad for so long that i now consider marquette the third best bball program (all time) in the conference behind UConn and Nova. i believe theyre the only schools to have won a chip so it's a clear top 4.

we need gtown to be good again i'm just worried theyre too conservative to make a splashy hire and/or not willing to make the investment

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We don’t need a freshman guard with Diggins here and castle coming the year after. We need a vet grad transfer guard. We’ll take the Muhammad kid though
Anglin doesn’t play the same position as Diggins. If I’m Hurley and had another chance to fill a desperate need next year with a kid who gives off Vital vibes and can stroke it… I’m at least going to consider adding him if the opportunity is there.

Reaction Score
I mean, we would wouldn’t we?
Ya but no one else would that’s the thing. If everyone else plays 20 games and they play 17 and miss 3 against the top teams in the league your claim to the title will always be questioned. They’re not gonna win anyways. According to kenpom they have the luckiest record in the country. Everything ultimately mean reverts.

Reaction Score
Anglin doesn’t play the same position as Diggins. If I’m Hurley and had another chance to fill a desperate need next year with a kid who gives off Vital vibes and can stroke it… I’m at least going to consider adding him if the opportunity is there.
Give me the 5 star MCDAA Mohammed instead.

Reaction Score
He's not playing at an 0-10 GTown program. He's not going to play here. Give me the 5 star MCDAA Mohammed instead. It's a rather easy choice
isnt that b/c he's still in highschool?

i agree we need proven players to come in to help us make a final 4 run, a CG and PF to be specific. i'd also rather take aminu if he doesnt go pro but if anglin is the best we can do so be it.

Reaction Score
isnt that b/c he's still in highschool?

i agree we need proven players to come in to help us make a final 4 run, a CG and PF to be specific, but if he's the best we can do so be it.
Yup, silly me. Idk why I thought he was in the diggins class. In that case I guess we can use the extra ball handler and shooter. But give me a proven guy

Reaction Score
I am not worried about Creighton anywhere. We should've never lost that game
I'm just saying that they have won against us repeatedly. Beating them seems very doable, but they got the bounces (literally) and I think are 4-0 against us since we rejoined the BE. If UConn plays like it did against Marquette, I see UConn winning.

Reaction Score
Give me the 5 star MCDAA Mohammed instead.
I mean, sure I'd take him. But he's already showing up on NBA draft boards so it's far more likely he's in the NBA than here. Meanwhile Anglin was someone we recruited really hard and were on his final list

Reaction Score
In terms of not playing the whole schedule winning the league thing, there are still some salty Creighton fans about last year's regular season title. The Jays got all 20 in went 14-6 including split with Nova. Nova went 11-4, but got the title based on win %. They missed you guys once and X twice along with DePaul twice. Nova could have probably lost to you guys and X once, but they were still likely the class of the conference.

Not sure I will think the same about Providence if they get a banner on the win % as it looks like they are going to avoid you guys at home and us and Hall on the road.

Reaction Score
I mean, sure I'd take him. But he's already showing up on NBA draft boards so it's far more likely he's in the NBA than here. Meanwhile Anglin was someone we recruited really hard and were on his final list
It is not far more likely that he's in the NBA than here. He's not getting drafted in the first round. He'll be back in school. The question is where. With losing Martin, he'd be a perfect fit as a guard who is physical, has a high motor, and rebounds at a high clip. Him and Hurley are a match made in heaven. Anglin would be nice as well. Shoot if Cole leaves we may need both. Over all give me Mohammed(hypothetically) and a vet sharp shooting ball handler

Reaction Score
It is not far more likely that he's in the NBA than here. He's not getting drafted in the first round. He'll be back in school. The question is where. With losing Martin, he'd be a perfect fit as a guard who is physical, has a high motor, and rebounds at a high clip. Him and Hurley are a match made in heaven. Anglin would be nice as well. Shoot if Cole leaves we may need both. Over all give me Mohammed(hypothetically) and a vet sharp shooting ball handler
I guess we'll see this offseason. I just think it's such an absurd hypothetical that it's not even worth discussing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom