Big East/SEC challenge - Night 2 | The Boneyard

Big East/SEC challenge - Night 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Florida/Syracuse was a great game between two very good teams. Nice win by the Orange.

Cincinnati pulled it out against a mediocre Georgia team. Anyone see Georgia's schedule? Who made that death march? Cincinnati has to be asking themselves what the heck happened to their season. Cincinnati is a good team that should be undefeated right now.

Auburn wouldn't make the Final Four for the UConn Campus Intramural Tournament, but Seton Hall is playing just stupid enough to let them hang around.

Louisville/Vandy looks like it is going to be an ugly game. I lose track of how many players Louisville is missing, but the team on the floor doesn't look like a top 10 team.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Auburn wouldn't make the Final Four for the UConn Campus Intramural Tournament,.

That just brought back the memory of making the intramural final four when I was a senior. McMahon 4 north was nasty. :D
That was a fricken blast. We got hammered by the soccer team unfortunately and didn't make it to the final.

Reaction Score
That just brought back the memory of making the intramural final four when I was a senior. McMahon 4 north was nasty. :D
That was a fricken blast. We got hammered by the soccer team unfortunately and didn't make it to the final.
Going way back... our freshman team made the finals against a frat team. Lost a close game. We had some pretty good players, but no one over 6'1" tall. Those were the days...

Reaction Score
sOME REALLY GOOD GAMES. gATORS ARE ATHLETIC, BUT LACK DISCIPLINE CRAZY SHOTS AT CRITICAL TIMES WALKER WAS HOT THEN FADED, SILLY PASSES. CUSE LOOKS GOOD, BUT STILL SHAKY WITH TRICHE. HE PLAYS WELL AND THEN TRIES TO DO TOO MUCH. JARDINE IS FUN TO WATCH AND MELO HAS IMPROVED, BUT ISN'T THE TRUTH.
WITH WHAT THE CARDS LOST THEY STILL PLAY WELL. THEY ARE A TOP 10 TEAM TILL THEY LOSE. CERTAINLY A DANGEROUS OPPONENT WHEN THEY ARE HITTING THE 3. CINCY IS COMPETITIVE AND WILL IMPROVE AS THE SEASON GOES ON.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Sparky seems to have his caps and lowercase letters backwards.

Pope on Seton Hall would have been a very good player if he ever had a real coach.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Conference RPI popped up 3 or 4 spots to 3rd place behind the BiG and ACC.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I want to know how a St John's team that was basically replacing their entire roster was viewed highly enough to face off against Kentucky. By pushingd a mediocre BE team to the top of the list (as a sacrificial lamb) and then matching up our better teams with SEC's teams who are roughly one slot below ours in their respective conferences, we end up with a huge advantage in matchups. This would be a far more reasonable tool to measure one conference against the other of one played one, two played two, etc. (as these challenges were purported to be) and I believe we would still do very well if this were how they played it out.

Reaction Score
I have to admit, I have very little interest in conference respect this year. Every team for itself. I just don't seem to care about the BE.

But, I think I'll still try to make the BET for old time's sake.

It's good to know that UConn won the last BET that really counted.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The BE is bittersweet for me this season. I'm pulled apart emotionally in several directions because no matter what happens the BE as I've come to love it has changed. Add to this the uncertainty of where UConn will be in the future and what the configuration it will be in, makes this season uncomfortable.

Emotions aside, I'm going with logic. Until teams leave, they are still in and a part of the BE. Sure I can be angry they are leaving, but their success this season has a bearing on UConn's success this season. So a Cuse or Pitt or WV win means that if UConn beats them in the future, it brings value for UConn. Even as I discuss alignment issues, I'm separating the basket ball component from the BE component.

I hate Syracuse, WV and Pitt's leaving the conference, but I want them to win in basketball to give UConn the best opportunity to succeed this season.

Reaction Score
The BE is bittersweet for me this season. I'm pulled apart emotionally in several directions because no matter what happens the BE as I've come to love it has changed. Add to this the uncertainty of where UConn will be in the future and what the configuration it will be in, makes this season uncomfortable.

Emotions aside, I'm going with logic. Until teams leave, they are still in and a part of the BE. Sure I can be angry they are leaving, but their success this season has a bearing on UConn's success this season. So a Cuse or Pitt or WV win means that if UConn beats them in the future, it brings value for UConn. Even as I discuss alignment issues, I'm separating the basket ball component from the BE component.

I hate Syracuse, WV and Pitt's leaving the conference, but I want them to win in basketball to give UConn the best opportunity to succeed this season.

UConn is bigger than all those programs. People will look at UConn's final record and judge them on that basis alone. The team doesn't need to prove itself anymore. It could have played 30 games against Colgate, and still receive the same seed. It's like Duke in that regard (well, Duke for once had a very tough OOC schedule). So I put little stock in UConn's SOS.

I'm actively rooting against Cuse, WV and Pitt. And will continue to do so even if UConn ends up in a better conference.

Reaction Score
I still root for SU, but I hope that both Pitt and UWV lose every game here out. I'll take our chances against them head to head. I just can't stand either team. Both, I hope lose today, and the BE ends up 8-4 against the SEC.
I know that it's petty, but I hope neither make the NCAA tournament. It looks like that's very possible for WVU, and with Woodward out at least a month Pitt has an increasing shot of making the NIT.

Reaction Score
Since there is no more BE I am finding it nearly impossible to route for almost any BE teams.
Pitt (who are scum of the earth), Gtown- can not even begin to explain my dislike, Quse - who's fans may be the worst bunch of spoiled cocky for no reason POSs ever, Lville who I used to route for but can not find any reason to do so now. Even when they are playing ACC teams I can not help but route against the former BE teams.

Screw em. They hate us and never showed the loyalty UCONN fans showed for other BE teams-it's time for me to get on the "bite me train". It kinda feels good.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Anyone watching LSU vs. Rutgers? This game is burning my eyes. Rutgers has some talent but is painfully young. LSU is just terrible. This game is like two old people having sex...slow and sloppy.

Reaction Score
Tulane, Richmond and Boston U. beat ACC teams today. I don't think we should be so concerned about the BE's slow start so far this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom