OT: - Big East Scrimmage/Exhibition Intel | The Boneyard

OT: Big East Scrimmage/Exhibition Intel

Reaction Score
A piece on Seton Hall's charity exhibition v NJIT (a team now coached by former Seton Hall big and Willard assistant Grant Billmeier)

Reaction Score
Nova v Duke… apparently Nova came out on top ..but the scores of these things Are not that big of a deal. . Filipowski and freshmen looked very good for Duke, Moore , burton, hausen and hart all stood out for Nova.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A piece on Seton Hall's charity exhibition v NJIT (a team now coached by former Seton Hall big and Willard assistant Grant Billmeier)

Richmond was a kid that I wouldn't have minded seeing become a Husky. Certainly, he's had good games against us. From the article it looks like he's finally taking things more seriously in terms of conditioning. If that's true, he should have a good season, though Seton Hall doesn't appear to have much else in the cupboard.

Reaction Score
Nova v Duke… apparently Nova came out on top ..but the scores of these things Are not that big of a deal. . Filipowski and freshmen looked very good for Duke, Moore , burton, hausen and hart all stood out for Nova.
Such a juicy matchup. Either Scheyer sucks or Neptune's figured it out. But we don't actually know obviously (it's both 1 game and actually not even a game lol).

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Richmond was a kid that I wouldn't have minded seeing become a Husky. Certainly, he's had good games against us. From the article it looks like he's finally taking things more seriously in terms of conditioning. If that's true, he should have a good season, though Seton Hall doesn't appear to have much else in the cupboard.

Saw they landed a 4* the other day for next year's class, but otherwise they need to step it up and quickly or they'll be rotating with DePaul at the bottom of the league.

Reaction Score
It came down to us getting Jackson and a championship and Syracuse getting Richmond and JB getting fired. Reverse that recruiting battle and we probably don’t win #5.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It came down to us getting Jackson and a championship and Syracuse getting Richmond and JB getting fired. Reverse that recruiting battle and we probably don’t win #5.
Keep in mind that Richmond went into the portal after a year at Syracuse. He ended up at Seton Hall. Andre was already here.

Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2023-10-29 at 5.00.31 PM.png

Not looking good in Queens...

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that Richmond went into the portal after a year at Syracuse. He ended up at Seton Hall. Andre was already here.
True, but we recruited Richmond out of high school. From what I remember, we were in a good place with him until we landed Jackson. It made sense for both parties for him not to come here; he just made the ill-advised decision to choose Syracuse over other schools. I do think he would have thrived under Hurley had he come here.

Reaction Score
True, but we recruited Richmond out of high school. From what I remember, we were in a good place with him until we landed Jackson. It made sense for both parties for him not to come here; he just made the ill-advised decision to choose Syracuse over other schools. I do think he would have thrived under Hurley had he come here.
Richmond and jackson could have co existed. Richmond is one of the best defenders in the country

Reaction Score
Richmond and jackson could have co existed. Richmond is one of the best defenders in the country
Oh, I would have loved to have him. Having one excellent defender without a great shot in Jackson just made Richmond less necessary. He would have been better than Gaffney as a backup two year ago. But would I rather have had Richmond start than Cole or Newton the last two seasons? No. Would he have been willing to back them up? Probably not. I’m happy with how it all turned out and hope he does well in all but two or three games this year.

Reaction Score
Oh, I would have loved to have him. Having one excellent defender without a great shot in Jackson just made Richmond less necessary. He would have been better than Gaffney as a backup two year ago. But would I rather have had Richmond start than Cole or Newton the last two seasons? No. Would he have been willing to back them up? Probably not. I’m happy with how it all turned out and hope he does well in all but two or three games this year.
I assume he would have been a much better player if he came to uconn and received some decent coaching. He certainly has plenty of offensive potential. I remember him scoring 16-18 points in a row against uconn. He was unstoppable

Reaction Score
This weekend the #1, #3, #4 teams lost exhibitions. And #2 and #5 apparently "lost secret scrimmages" (for whatever that is worth).

The season is ours for the taking is what I'm saying.

Even if we dont repeat (because odds of that are always low), it's been a minute since we were a #1 seed. Lets goooo.

Reaction Score
What happened with our game with Harvard. Well under the radar?

Reaction Score
Kansas fans already hating on Timberlake on their board... saying he's not a KU level player.
From what I saw today, they might actually have 2 or 3 guys that are not "KU level players".

Reaction Score
Kansas fans already hating on Timberlake on their board... saying he's not a KU level player.
Yeah, I’ll take Cam. Who ever wanted Timberlake anyways? Good reminder that things have a way of working themselves out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom