Big East schedule out today | The Boneyard

Big East schedule out today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per Andy Katz on Twitter:

Big East schedule released today. Jim Calhoun has to sit first 3 games. Don't expect games against elite. Apparently just computer chance.

Reaction Score
So those first 3 games are USF, St. John's & Seton Hall. The haters are gonna be out in full force soon, claiming how JC paid the Big East officials for those easy first 3.

Reaction Score
Substitute DePaul for St John's

I wish. I saw the schedule (no link yet) and the first 3 games are USF away, St. John's @ XL Center, and Seton Hall away.

Reaction Score
Here's the schedule:
11/2 - AIC @ Gampel (exhibition)
11/6 - CW Post @ XL Center (exhibition)
11/11 - Columbia @ Gampel
11/14 - Wagner @ Gampel
11/17 - Maine @ XL
11/20 - Coppin State @ XL
11/24 - 11/26 - BATTLE 4 ATLANTIS

12/3 - Arkansas @ XL
12/8 - Harvard @ Gampel
12/18 - Holy Cross @ XL
12/22 - Fairfield @ XL
12/28 - at USF
12/31 - St. John's @ XL

1/3 - at Seton Hall
1/7 - at Rutgers
1/9 - WVU @ XL
1/14 - at Notre Dame
1/18 - Cincinnati @ Gampel
1/21 - at Tennessee
1/29 - Notre Dame @ XL

2/1 - at Georgetown
2/4 - Seton Hall @ XL
2/6 - at Louisville
2/11 - at Syracuse
2/15 - Depaul @ Gampel
2/18 - Marquette @ XL
2/20 - at Villanova
2/25 - Syracuse @ Gampel (ESPN GAMEDAY)
2/28 - at Providence

3/3 - Pittsburgh @ Gampel
3/6-3/10 - BIG EAST TOURNAMENT

Reaction Score
The schedule is sadly easy for the team we have. I can't really see them being worse that 25-5 going into the BET (and really, they should be 27-3 IMO).

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I LOVE that we're playing Cuse, Cinci, and Pitt at Gampel.

@ Louisville and @ Cuse in a 5 day span is going to be tough.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
St. John's has the makings of being a good team this season. It's no pushover.

The schedule was created before the additions of DeAndre and Andre. Boatright for Kemba might not have been enough to make JC confident in playing a tougher schedule. I'm happy with it. Only Alex is an upperclassman. There are seven, maybe eight freshman and sophomores that will play key roles this season and they will have to learn to develop without the security of one of the best college players to lead a team ever.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
People claiming our team is a shoe-in for the NCAA title game and predicting we go 30-0 to start the season is scaring me.

I much prefer the low expectations and pleasant surprises of last season. :p

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
People claiming our team is a shoe-in for the NCAA title game and predicting we go 30-0 to start the season is scaring me.

I much prefer the low expectations and pleasant surprises of last season. :p
I'll help you out! I don't expect this team to go much over .500 and won't even make the NIT's.:cool:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The schedule is sadly easy for the team we have. I can't really see them being worse that 25-5 going into the BET (and really, they should be 27-3 IMO).

I agree, that is one lousy home slate.

Reaction Score
Certainly not 30-0. If the team is as good as expected, it is difficult to come up with 5 pre-BET losses.

It feels like they should go undefeated in their OOC. Where do they get losses?

FSU in the Battle for Atlantis?
Arkansas at home?
@ Tennessee?

There will certainly be WTF losses, but most of the teams (save UL and SU) that I would be worried about are only at home. ND, GTown, Nova are road games that will be tough, but if the team is as good as advertised, they should win some combination of 2-3 of the above road games.

25-5, if everyone is healthy feels reasonable. It assumes losses at UL, SU, and two of ND, GTown, and Nova, as well as one unexpected loss (maybe a home loss to UL or SU, or maybe our bi-annual loss to PC). It puts them at 13-5 in the BE.

I think that expecting anything above 27-3 is unreasonable.

Let me also say that I say these now, excited, expecting certain strides and health for the players. Obviously we should be prepared for some of those things to change and some games that seemed winnable may change for one reason (their poor play) or another (unexpected success from what was thought to be a weaker team).

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Not a chance! Can't let my friend Tykurez down.

Thanks!

Now I just need a good dose of Doug Gottlieb and I'll be all set. Feeling a bit better now.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Certainly not 30-0. If the team is as good as expected, it is difficult to come up with 5 pre-BET losses.

It feels like they should go undefeated in their OOC. Where do they get losses?

FSU in the Battle for Atlantis?
Arkansas at home?
@ Tennessee?

There will certainly be WTF losses, but most of the teams (save UL and SU) that I would be worried about are at home. ND, GTown, Nova are road games that will be tough, but if the team is as good as advertised, they should win some combination of 2-3 of the above road games.

25-5, if everyone is healthy feels reasonable. It assumes losses at UL, SU, and two of ND, GTown, and Nova, as well as one unexpected loss (maybe a home loss to UL or SU, or maybe our bi-annual loss to PC). It puts them at 13-5 in the BE.

I think that anything above 27-3 is unreasonable.

Let me also say that I say these now, excited, expecting certain strides and health for the players. Obviously we should be prepared for some of those things to change and some games that seemed winnable may change for one reason (their poor play) or another (unexpected success from what was thought to be a weaker team).

I don't want to be "that guy" or the "realist balloon knot" ... but I don't think the loss of Kemba can be understated. I think those predictions are wonderful and cheery, but I just can't buy into anything yet. He was THE leader ... one of the best leaders this storied establishment has ever seen.

Don't get me wrong, I love all of our players. There's talent coming out of our noses right now ... but there's that "intangible" aspect I think we're still uncertain on. The team will need to establish a leader and establish it early. Hopefully it's Shabazz, because I think he's the guy for the role ... but I don't think we'll know until the season starts.

The silver lining, we'll still have the ultimate leader in Calhoun and the fresh, tough leadership of Kevin Ollie. I want to be as optimistic as you are, but there's a part of me that finds it difficult given we'll be playing with 1 upperclassman (!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom