Big East Recruiting - November 2020 | The Boneyard

Big East Recruiting - November 2020

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score

Big East recruiting thread is locked so putting this here. Creighton lands a big time recruit who snubbed Illinois to join the Big East. Love seeing the conference add high-end talent, and at this rate of recruiting the Blue Jays should be mainstays in the AP polls for years to come

Reaction Score
TyTy is ranked 67th in the 247 composite and one of the writers there said he will be moving up when they update rankings. I think he could jump into the top 50, apparently has been killing it the last couple of months in some high profile events.

Looking like a potentially big week for Creighton. Mason Miller, Mark Miller's son, announced yesterday he is down to Indiana and Creighton and will make his final decision known this week. He is 65th on 247, a 6'9" stretch 4 that got his father's shooting ability. Miller would put Creighton's class into the top 10 as the rankings stand now and would easily be our best class ever.

Creighton needs to have a breakthrough March Madness to earn some more respect nationwide, but it does seem like recruits realize this isn't some plucky Mid Major anymore and we can compete for BE titles and get guys to the next level.

Reaction Score
TyTy is ranked 67th in the 247 composite and one of the writers there said he will be moving up when they update rankings. I think he could jump into the top 50, apparently has been killing it the last couple of months in some high profile events.

Looking like a potentially big week for Creighton. Mason Miller, Mark Miller's son, announced yesterday he is down to Indiana and Creighton and will make his final decision known this week. He is 65th on 247, a 6'9" stretch 4 that got his father's shooting ability. Miller would put Creighton's class into the top 10 as the rankings stand now and would easily be our best class ever.

Creighton needs to have a breakthrough March Madness to earn some more respect nationwide, but it does seem like recruits realize this isn't some plucky Mid Major anymore and we can compete for BE titles and get guys to the next level.
Great to see you guys killing it in recruiting, the league is crushing it in recruiting.

Mike Miller's son.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Marquette just got deeper.

Jose Perez averaged 15.2p, 6.5r, 4.2a in 35 mpg at Gardner-Webb.

At 6'5 220, Perez played both the 3 and 4 guard spots at Gardner-Webb. Two years eligibility remaining. Originally from the Bronx and is a PSA grad.

Reaction Score

Jerry Meyer just gave Creighton a ball for Miller.

1606091264771.png

If he signs, that's a heck of a four-man class for Creighton along with O'Connell as a transfer.

Reaction Score
a rising tide lifts all boats

while sending rough waters at B1G boats at the same time :D

Losing out on Miller is the latest recruiting miss for Indiana coach Archie Miller, who also struck out on top target Trey Kaufman (Purdue) in late October. Indiana currently only has one player – Logan Duncomb – committed in the class of 2021.

Where the Hoosiers turn next recruiting wise in the frontcourt is a major question mark.

It’s conceivable that Indiana will lose both Joey Brunk and Trayce Jackson-Davis after this season, which could leave the depth chart in the post severely lacking. Indiana may have to turn to the transfer market next spring, which is expected to be very active.

Class of 2021 forward Mason Miller commits to Creighton

Reaction Score
while sending rough waters at B1G boats at the same time :D

Class of 2021 forward Mason Miller commits to Creighton

I have found great joy in seeing the Illinois board freak out about missing on TyTy to the Jays last week and the Hoosier board go on and on about Miller pretty much this whole week. A bunch of B1G fans saying "I can't believe we lost out to freaking Creighton" is highly enjoyable.

I believe the class is done except for one more guy. Local 5* from Omaha has Creighton in his top 8. Most fans expect him to go to Kentucky or UNC, but I think he is the only other freshman we would take.

Even if the class stands as it currently is it will be the highest-rated since they started ranking these and will land in the 15-20 range based on last year's scores.

Fun week to get some recruiting wins on coach's priorities.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I have found great joy in seeing the Illinois board freak out about missing on TyTy to the Jays last week and the Hoosier board go on and on about Miller pretty much this whole week. A bunch of B1G fans saying "I can't believe we lost out to freaking Creighton" is highly enjoyable.

I believe the class is done except for one more guy. Local 5* from Omaha has Creighton in his top 8. Most fans expect him to go to Kentucky or UNC, but I think he is the only other freshman we would take.

Even if the class stands as it currently is it will be the highest-rated since they started ranking these and will land in the 15-20 range based on last year's scores.

Fun week to get some recruiting wins on coach's priorities.
Wow, great to see Creighton step up to be what looks like one of the pillar programs of the conference. Can't wait to see how the rivalry develops... it'll be nice to be having tooth and nail battles with schools that actually have the talent to justify it.

...and after the Kenya stuff IU ranks as high on my list as any program in terms of hate hate hate (player hater's ball voice)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom