Big East Preseason Rankings (UConn Finishing 2nd) | The Boneyard

Big East Preseason Rankings (UConn Finishing 2nd)

Reaction Score
1. Villanova
2. UConn
3. Georgetown
4. Marquette
5. Seton Hall
6. Creighton
7. Xavier
8. DePaul
9. Butler
10. St. John's
11. Providence

MJ1

Reaction Score
Not sure how they have Creighton over Xavier. Creighton is losing a lot and Xavier is bringing back a lot. Providence in last place, I guess they have no proven scorers with Duke gone.

Reaction Score
Are these your rankings? I like where you have UConn & any list with the Friars last is cool with me.

Not sure what you're basing rankings after the top 2 though...G'towns best player transferred & Marquette is starting from scratch with Shaka.

List is a bit premature....maybe that's your point ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not sure how they have Creighton over Xavier. Creighton is losing a lot and Xavier is bringing back a lot. Providence in last place, I guess they have no proven scorers with Duke gone.
Nate Watson was PC's leading scorer last season and I'm pretty sure he announced he's coming back. Reeves was their 3rd leading scorer and he's coming back. I think they'll be worse than this past season but can't see them finishing last.

MJ1

Reaction Score
Actually, I agree. Last place may be too low. Nate averaged 16.9 and Reeves 9.6 but they need help with no Duke and I’m not sure where their going to get it. Noah Horchler is back but he averaged around 6 or 7 points last year. Will the three of them step up big time next year ?

Reaction Score
Seton Hall too low. They're going to be deep and experienced,

Kadary, Jamir Harris, Cale, Rhoden, top 100 Weston, top 125 Powell, Tyrese Samuel, Yetna, Obiagu. That's a good 9.

Last edited:

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
DePaul will finish last.

Reaction Score
GTown wil be loaded next year even without Wahab. Ewing exceeding everyone’s expectations and has the 12th ranked class coming in. Damn feels good to be back!

Reaction Score
Felt like the league was a little down last year as they lost so many studs (Markus Howard, Myles Powell, et al) - but if Providence with Watson and St Johns with Posh are bottom 2, this is going to be a tough, tough league!!!

Reaction Score
Aren't they only bringing back like 3 guys?
Yes. I believe SJU had 8 players transfer out + Champegnie testing the draft waters. They have picked up a lot of pieces through the transfer portal, but it’s still hard to rank them because it’s going to be a totally different team next year. I’m a big fan of Posh and it’s HUGE that he is sticking around for them.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yes. I believe SJU had 8 players transfer out + Champegnie testing the draft waters. They have picked up a lot of pieces through the transfer portal, but it’s still hard to rank them because it’s going to be a totally different team next year. I’m a big fan of Posh and it’s HUGE that he is sticking around for them.

Yikes, I saw they had one or two guys go into the portal but I didn't realize the situation was that bad. What happened there?

Reaction Score
Yikes, I saw they had one or two guys go into the portal but I didn't realize the situation was that bad. What happened there?
I honestly have no clue. After the year they had its really surprising.

The one thing I saw from a SJU reporter was that there were a lot of players on the team jealous of Posh and Champegnie (which is ridiculous cause they were the two best players). The exact tweet was something like “there was jealously with all the NYC kids getting all the attention.” Like I mentioned, the kids from NYC were the best players, so it’s really strange.

Not sure what actually went down, but to have 8 transfers after having a great season is a head scratcher.

Reaction Score

Allegedly a lot of the not-NYC guys felt like the NYC guys were getting too much of the credit for the team's success, and they all left. They have 3 freshmen and 5 transfers coming in next year, so it's going to be a weird team. I could see them being total trash, or making it work with a lineup of Posh/Smith/Mathis/Champagnie/Soriano or something.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Allegedly a lot of the not-NYC guys felt like the NYC guys were getting too much of the credit for the team's success, and they all left. They have 3 freshmen and 5 transfers coming in next year, so it's going to be a weird team. I could see them being total trash, or making it work with a lineup of Posh/Smith/Mathis/Champagnie/Soriano or something.

Yeah, if Champagnie comes back I think they'll be fine. Maybe not a tournament team but Posh/Champagnie is a great 1-2.

Reaction Score
Is that bowling ball guy Owusu- something back that abused us a few times on drives?

Reaction Score
I don’t think he was one of the people leaving (Dylan Addae-Wusu haha)
I didn't see him mentioned above and thought he was staying - thx for confirming. Really like his game and Posh and Champagne. Maybe Owosu is a LB going in the NFL draft next week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom