Big East Power Rankings Week 2 | The Boneyard

Big East Power Rankings Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
1) USF - the bar is pretty low, but after a good win over ND they blowout a Ball State team that beat Indiana.

2) WVU - Will learn a lot more next week.

3) Pitt - will learn a lot more next week.

4) Syracuse - not a lot of talent or athleticism, but that Wake win looks pretty good now.

gap

5) Rutgers - today was a snapshot of Schiano's entire tenure. Take a more talented team down to the wire by taking insane risks that ultimately don't pay off, costing Rutgers a big win. Schiano cost Rutgers the game with his typical gameday stupidity, but the team plays hard, Dodd is an above average QB and Sanu is the best playmaker in the conference. Still no running game, but with Rutgers non-conference and the way the Big East is shaping up, an 8 win season seems like a probability.

6) UConn - may have the best defense in the conference and McCombs is a good runner. QB position is as bad as ever.

7) Louisville - As bad as they looked against FIU, they are an insanely young team that will get better, probably fairly quickly. A lot of the mistakes they made last night are very fixable.

8) Cincinnati - Jones reminds me of Tim Welch. Decent X's and O's coach, nice enough guy, not a winner. He just doesn't have what it takes, and Cincinnati is wasting its time waiting for him to Kragthorpe the program.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Looks good. I would move Syracuse down and Cincinnati up. UConn is fine at 6-next Friday is huge for us.

Reaction Score
i thought rutgers played better that cuse even though they lost

Reaction Score
Rutgers is definitely ahead of the Cuse and Cincy is above UConn and Lville.

Reaction Score
5) Rutgers - today was a snapshot of Schiano's entire tenure. Take a more talented team down to the wire by taking insane risks that ultimately don't pay off, costing Rutgers a big win. Schiano cost Rutgers the game with his typical gameday stupidity, but the team plays hard, Dodd is an above average QB and Sanu is the best playmaker in the conference. Still no running game, but with Rutgers non-conference and the way the Big East is shaping up, an 8 win season seems like a probability.

i don't understand this analysis at all. rutgers had a +5 turnover differential, and despite the score it never really seemed that they would win. they had 1 yard rushing. dodd threw 3 sure interceptions that were flat out dropped by UNC defenders. dodd took at least 10 huge hits, he will be lucky to even make it to the big east much less survive it. where do you see 8 wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom