Big East Player of the Week selection | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East Player of the Week selection

Reaction Score
Neither Saniya nor Andra ever played for Ursuline
I believe that the poster was referring to Ossining High School, not Ursuline Academy (which is the High School that former University of Georgia All American Cory Chambers and current Senior [and Notre Dame commit] Soniya Citron played/plays for. We are all human and entitled to make a mistake now and then ?

Reaction Score
The first time I saw AEH play was when I was invited to the Ursuline CTK game and Saniya vs Sierra Calhoun. Saniya had a tummy virus and didnt look good in the 1st qtr. She got it going and just carried Ursuline on her back. I think she scored something like 28 pts in either the second half or 4th qtr. She was amazin.

I got to the game and hour early and the line was for miles long. The coach invited me in. Geno and Chris showed up about 20 minutes before the game. I met Vince Cannizzaro the Legend from CTK who coached Sue Bird and Chamique Holdsclaw among others. Everybody who was anybody was there. My friends/coaches introduced me to a 12 yr old who wanted to play for UConn and who later was the NYC POY Danielle Patterson 6'4 who is now with Indiana. Her dad and I are still friends. AEH was a shooting machine and everybody took notice. Saniya put on a show that afternoon and Ursuline won. MSG broadcast the game. AEH was a terrific talent and had the makings to become a star. Im so happy to see her back to her old form.
In 1980, legend Vinnie Cannizzaro was a CYO girls' basketball coach at Gate of Heaven in Ozone Park, where he lived. When his daughter Lisa enrolled at Christ the King, Vinnie took the job as head coach at CK and helmed the program into the #1 girls' basketball program in the country [according to USA Today]. My daughter, Leslie, was teammates with Vinnie's daughter and Leslie led them to their first NY State championship. Leslie was All-City and went to Lehigh where Muffett McGraw was head coach.
My younger daughter, Chelsea, also played for Vinnie and alongside Chamique. The latter, of course, was in a class by herself, and led Tennessee to three straight national championships and barely missed a fourth. Like her older sister, my daughter Chelsea was also All-City and led CK to an undefeated season in her senior year[see attached].

Christ the King HS with Chamique, Sue Bird & Tina Charles has more players winning NCs than any other high school.

btw - Saniya Chong, AEH & Aubrey Griffin all played for Ossining HS, not Ursiline .. I get them confused too! haha

Attachments

• Chelsea18.jpg
    Chelsea18.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 60

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member