Big East Outlook | The Boneyard

Big East Outlook

Reaction Score
A clear top three has emerged, to no one’s real surprise. Then, there are six teams from 34-62 (Nova #34, Xavier #40, Providence #44, Butler #50, St. John’s #60, Seton Hall #62) in today’s Kenpom ratings.. how many of those do folks expect tourney-bound, and which have the highest ceilings? I would think three will ultimately be in the conversation come March, but haven’t watched a ton of their non-con games so curious to hear everyone’s thoughts..

Reaction Score
A clear top three has emerged, to no one’s real surprise. Then, there are six teams from 34-62 (Nova #34, Xavier #40, Providence #44, Butler #50, St. John’s #60, Seton Hall #62) in today’s Kenpom ratings.. how many of those do folks expect tourney-bound, and which have the highest ceilings? I would think three will ultimately be in the conversation come March, but haven’t watched a ton of their non-con games so curious to hear everyone’s thoughts..

I think 5 Big East teams is possible and realistic. Nova as long as they don’t completely implode plus 1 of St. John’s, Xavier, or Providence who have as good a chance as anyone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Providence, St. John's, and Butler. Sean Miller is an awesome coach but Xavier just doesn't have the horses this year with their injuries/health problems. Nova has the horses but they have a terrible coach.

Reaction Score
The Big East is a league filled with excellent coaches. Should produce a great season of competitive basketballs and some well-prepared teams come tournament time.

Reaction Score
I've watched quite a bit of Nova, while no one is truly as bad as their worst game, they are deeply unimpressive. Going 0-3 against other Big 5 teams is embarrassing. Maybe they'll turn it around and snag some huge wins in conference but I can definitely see them falling off entirely. They have so little athleticism and outside of Dixon, not much reliable shooting. Their offense looks like it moves in slow motion.

Reaction Score
A lot of this hangs on health of our or their players. We can be the top team or we can be 4th or 5th in the BE.

Reactions: caw

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I've watched quite a bit of Nova, while no one is truly as bad as their worst game, they are deeply unimpressive. Going 0-3 against other Big 5 teams is embarrassing. Maybe they'll turn it around and snag some huge wins in conference but I can definitely see them falling off entirely. They have so little athleticism and outside of Dixon, not much reliable shooting. Their offense looks like it moves in slow motion.
I tuned in for a bit of their loss against Penn and that had to be some of the worst offense I’ve seen.

Far cry for the Wright era currently.

Reaction Score
Xavier just announced Jerome Hunter is returning earlier than expected. I would def put them up in the tier 2 Big East teams once he returns.
Nm sounds like he is still taking medical red shirt for season.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

After the Top 3, I would rank them:

4) PC - less painful to watch than Cooley's rock ball.
5) St. Johns - this team is going to be solid.
6) Xavier - Xavier needs someone to be the star on this team and Claude is not as good as I thought he would be.
7) Butler - I am tentatively on the Butler bandwagon. I don't know how Matta turned a team of low major transfers + Posh into an NCAA bubble team, but so far it looks like it is working.
8) Villanova - Neptune has turned a team with multiple borderline NBA talents into a bubble team. Nice work.

9) Seton Hall - I like Holloway, but this team kind of sucks.
10) Georgetown - bad
11) Depaul - terrible

Reaction Score
Beyond the Big 3, I think PC will get in, plus potentially 2 out of Nova, St Johns, Butler and Xavier. Given the Xavier injuries, I'd lean towards St Johns and Nova. But Sean Miller is terrific, and Neptune could sink that ship. Butler is refreshingly fun to watch and remains an x-factor.

So 5 or 6 BE teams get in.

Reaction Score
I think we could have the top 2 teams in the country at some point be from the big east;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom