Big East Oral History Article on ESPN | The Boneyard

Big East Oral History Article on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great article..Spent 20 minutes reading and watching the videos. Brings back lots of great memories as to why the Big East was the best league in America...hands down.

Reaction Score
Great article..Spent 20 minutes reading and watching the videos. Brings back lots of great memories as to why the Big East was the best league in America...hands down.

Without question

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I really can't stomach all these Big East last hurrah articles mainly because of UConn's (lack of a) seat at the table in this conference realignment debacle as a whole, but especially because of the Big EAST tournament ban this year. The conference is officially dead in a few weeks and they are closing out MSG, but they aren't even letting the most successful program in the history of the league play. Disgusting. ducking disgusting.

Reaction Score
Ray Allen:
"Coach Calhoun ran out there to hug me, but I ran right by him. My enthusiasm was just so over the top, that I just ran right by him. Our student manager was right behind him, and see didn't see me coming, but I leveled her. It cut the whole inside of her mouth.
She took one for the team, obviously. But she's like, "Man, you just ran me over." And I was like, "I didn't see you."

How long until we see a Dan Wetzel or Gray Parrish article on how Ray Allen Abused women in college?

D

DanDar

The closest to the original BE you're gonna get is not what it was the last 5 years but rather what it will be a year from now. The C5 were screwed by football when we added Miami, WVU, Rutgers, etc.

UConn could've left with the C7 now, but we just had to have a mediocre BCS football program. It's football that destroyed the Big East and if UConn will not be invited to a BCS conference, it's football that will eventually destroy big time basketball at UConn.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I just want to see if and how much they talk about how dominant uconn has been

Reaction Score
The closest to the original BE you're gonna get is not what it was the last 5 years but rather what it will be a year from now. The C5 were screwed by football when we added Miami, WVU, Rutgers, etc.

UConn could've left with the C7 now, but we just had to have a mediocre BCS football program. It's football that destroyed the Big East and if UConn will not be invited to a BCS conference, it's football that will eventually destroy big time basketball at UConn.

Oh stop it. Yes, Big East basketball was killed by adding Pitt, and WVU, and Louisville, and Cincy. I mean, what have those dregs accomplished? Other than dilute the accomplishments of St. Johns and Seton Hall and Providence.

Reaction Score

Puke on the CYO!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Oh stop it. Yes, Big East basketball was killed by adding Pitt, and WVU, and Louisville, and Cincy. I mean, what have those dregs accomplished? Other than dilute the accomplishments of St. Johns and Seton Hall and Providence.

I mean, holy crap! We added DePaul and Marquette to salve the wounds of those prima donna CYO schools....I see that those characters are still affiliated with the rest of the CYO....

Them. pretending tha tthey were in any way harmed by adding the "all sports" schools is just a load of crap....

May Ted Valentine ref every one of the CYOs games....

Reaction Score
Talk to me in ten years about how "big time" the "c5" are in hoops when the whole college sports landscape looks nothing like what it does today.

Reaction Score
Awesome article that gave me many mixed emotions. I'm really really going to miss the Big East

Reaction Score
I like the collage at the top. Boeheim looks really happy to see Calhoun cutting down nets.

Kemba Walker (Connecticut guard from 2008-11)
Being from New York, you always dreamed of playing for the Knicks, dreamed of playing at Madison Square Garden. I wasn't playing for the Knicks, but I was playing at Madison Square Garden for my dream school.

Reaction Score
Losing the chance to go to the BET at the Garden every year is by far the worst consequence of all of this. I may start going to the "New Big East" tournaments in UConn gear just to remind them how many titles they have combined compared to UConn's.

Reaction Score
Losing the chance to go to the BET at the Garden every year is by far the worst consequence of all of this. I may start going to the "New Big East" tournaments in UConn gear just to remind them how many titles they have combined compared to UConn's.
Yes. That really is a letdown. I loved going to the Big East tournament to see UConn play. It really feels like there is something missing this year. Theres a good chance i will be there Saturday night...wearing my UConn shirt of course...but i want to go as a college basketball fan because this will be the final year of the Big East.

Reaction Score

Memphis and Gonzaga look totally destroyed to me. Grow up and stop sucking on a pacifier.

Reaction Score
Who are the 2 UConn players pictured below JC?? (one has x3 on jersey)

Reaction Score
Who are the 2 UConn players pictured below JC?? (one has x3 on jersey)
Rash Jones and Kirk King?
(I'm pretty sure Rash is the one hugging the other guy, and I think the other guy is King.)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'll never forget my 1st BET game. We're playing Syracuse, before JC. We're pretty much outclassed but go on a bit of a run to cut the margin to 7 or so at the 8-minute timeout.
During the break the PA guy says, "There will be a reception for UConn fans after the game in the ball room..." "The Syracuse reception will be after tomorrow's game..."

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Ray Allen:
"Coach Calhoun ran out there to hug me, but I ran right by him. My enthusiasm was just so over the top, that I just ran right by him. Our student manager was right behind him, and see didn't see me coming, but I leveled her. It cut the whole inside of her mouth.
She took one for the team, obviously. But she's like, "Man, you just ran me over." And I was like, "I didn't see you."

How long until we see a Dan Wetzel or Gray Parrish article on how Ray Allen Abused women in college?
Unlikely...Wetzel only writes those articles when they effect a potential Squid opponent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom