Big East Next Year | The Boneyard

Big East Next Year

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn and Marquette potential Top 5 teams and Creighton Top 10. Big East will be an absolute joy to watch next season.

The bottom of the conference could be a dumpster fire though. Butler has like 4 players right now, Depaul looked like a middle of the pack A10 team from a talent standpoint, Georgetown could suck, and Providence will be dodgy.

Reaction Score
9205F544-C3DB-4E83-A810-7B202E9E52A2.png

Some folks want back in…

Reaction Score
Can you imagine the buzz in NYC when St John's and Pitino match up against the NCAA champ Huskies? The broadway lights will shine brighter than ever. The media attention will be off the charts. BE basketball is back in a BIG way.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine the buzz in NYC when St John's and Pitino match up against the NCAA champ Huskies? The broadway lights will shine brighter than ever. The media attention will be off the charts. BE basketball is back in a BIG way.
That is what excites me the most. The battle of NYC, what a branding opportunity to take over the city. Yes I know UConn means Connecticut, but we all know they have tons of fans in NYC

Reaction Score
UConn and Nova between them 7 of the last 25. Big Ten, with more schools, has won 1 during that period.
B1G is about generating money. If they win something along the way, great, but that seems like a secondary goal. Their last basketball title, men's or women's, was Michigan State in 2000 and since then UConn has a combined 13 titles. Hell they don't even win in the sport they're supposed to be good at (football).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn and Nova between them 7 of the last 25. Big Ten, with more schools, has won 1 during that period.

If we are giving UConn to the Big East, which we should, then the Big 10 gets credit for 2002.

Reaction Score
Big East has 3 of the top 6 teams in this way too early top 26. Xavier also at #24.

If Adama, Clingan and Ajax comeback combined with the class coming in they have to be the favorite to win the title. I could be wrong but doesnt Newton have another year of eligibility? He could replace Hawk at the 2 his more natural position with Castle at the point. If thats the case i cant imagine this team not repeating. Possibly in just as or more dominant fashion.

Reaction Score
The 5 Big East teams that made they NCAA tournament this year should again next year, with 3 teams (UConn, Marquette, and Creighton) expected to content for 1 seeds. St. John's will be substantially better, and Georgetown still be better. Butler is the only clear weak link.

The thing I love about the Big East (and Big 12) is the true round robin. There's no easier schedules, and it makes teams better by the end of the year.

Reaction Score
The 5 Big East teams that made they NCAA tournament this year should again next year, with 3 teams (UConn, Marquette, and Creighton) expected to content for 1 seeds. St. John's will be substantially better, and Georgetown still be better. Butler is the only clear weak link.

The thing I love about the Big East (and Big 12) is the true round robin. There's no easier schedules, and it makes teams better by the end of the year.
Congrats on your hire of Kim English. He accomplished something very big right away: put out the fire and commotion of Ed Cooley's departure and retain 3 key players of Bryce Hopkins, Devin Carter, and Jayden Pierre.

He can't recruit any freshmen for the 23-24 season since most of them are already signed, but keeping those 3 players will allow him to work the portal much easier. No one in the portal wants to go into a burning housefire and English ensured that fire was extinguished.

Reaction Score
Congrats on your hire of Kim English. He accomplished something very big right away: put out the fire and commotion of Ed Cooley's departure and retain 3 key players of Bryce Hopkins, Devin Carter, and Jayden Pierre.

He can't recruit any freshmen for the 23-24 season since most of them are already signed, but keeping those 3 players will allow him to work the portal much easier. No one in the portal wants to go into a burning housefire and English ensured that fire was extinguished.
Appreciated. Keeping all the players, plus adding Oduro and the expected addition of Graham Ike will keep us comparable or better than this year. This conference has the potential to be the best in the country for a while.

In some ways I wasn't thrilled with UConn returning, but adding a top program has been beneficial for all the schools that have invested in their programs. UConn, Marquette, Providence, Creighton, and Xavier or the most resources into their teams, and I'm sure St. John's and Georgetown will join.

Reaction Score
Forget preseason (especially six months prior to opening games) predictions. In case UConn fans have forgotten……we were NOT ranked in the top 25 back in September.

The games are played on the court, not the craps table.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom