Big East Meeting: Looking for New Members, Penalizing Defectors | The Boneyard

Big East Meeting: Looking for New Members, Penalizing Defectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Marinatto said the 27-month notice requirement established in 2005 gives the Big East time to consider its options. "We don't have to rush," he said. This means Syracuse and Pitt will be held to the 27-month requirement unless the Big East settles on schools to replace them. (Most likely the Big East will have its new schools and they will be allowed to leave sooner.)

Why would you ever let Cuse and Pitt off the hook? So that a ruthless competitor of ours (ACC) can get more TV money sooner? So that our BCS AQ status could be questioned sooner? So that our TV money could be reduced sooner? I just don't see it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Why would you ever let Cuse and Pitt off the hook? So that a ruthless competitor of ours (ACC) can get more TV money sooner? So that our BCS AQ status could be questioned sooner? So that our TV money could be reduced sooner? I just don't see it.
I agree. Unless the BE createss a 16 team conference that gets a BCS AQ and a significant upgrade in the media contract (similar to the ACC), keep the teams dangling. And my wish list isn't happening.

Reaction Score
Maybe the 27 months will force the ACC to invite UCONN sooner rather than later so that they can kill the Big East once and for all. We can wish anyway.

Reaction Score
Don't give SU or Pitt an inch. They yearned for this day ... and they were totally agreeable to the 27 month period. Don't let them have anything. And UConn? I know our consensus is that WE might have to pay an equivalent tenure/penalty. We need unity for this current configuration today.

Reaction Score
Can we just call them "scum" instead of "defectors"? It just feels good to type it.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
based on the their current situation- I'd call them SMART. 90 days ago the Big East was fine, today not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom