Big East Media Day: Connecticut Looming For Women’s Basketball | The Boneyard

Big East Media Day: Connecticut Looming For Women’s Basketball

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Big East commissioner Val Ackerman, who helped bring the Connecticut program back into the conference fold, had some bright-side advice for the other ten coaches in the league as they prepare for UConn to re-enter the fray starting with the 2020-21 season.

1570746223933.png

“We’re excited for them coming and our players are excited they’re coming,” Seton Hall head coach Tony Bozzella explained of the upcoming non-conference matchup with UConn. In typical Huskies fashion, Auriemma agreed to a home-and-home, so Seton Hall gets to enjoy the advantages of having the UConn team come to Walsh Gym on December 5.

[Article]

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ackerman reiterated her joke in a one-on-one interview later Thursday afternoon, though she, too, has seen the upcoming 2020 class UConn welcomes next season. You can go ahead and pencil Paige Bueckers in as the Freshman of the Year in the Big East in 2020-21. I mentioned that to her — this isn’t just UConn, it’s Bueckers-era UConn.

“Yeah, that’s a whole other story,” Ackerman agreed. She was smiling, though. She doesn’t have to gameplan for Bueckers. She just has to spotlight her.

Reaction Score
Big East commissioner Val Ackerman, who helped bring the Connecticut program back into the conference fold, had some bright-side advice for the other ten coaches in the league as they prepare for UConn to re-enter the fray starting with the 2020-21 season.

View attachment 47073

“We’re excited for them coming and our players are excited they’re coming,” Seton Hall head coach Tony Bozzella explained of the upcoming non-conference matchup with UConn. In typical Huskies fashion, Auriemma agreed to a home-and-home, so Seton Hall gets to enjoy the advantages of having the UConn team come to Walsh Gym on December 5.

[Article]
I know that I am more excited than I've been in years!
It feels wonderful!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom