Big East Helps UConn Draw Recruits | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big East Helps UConn Draw Recruits

Reaction Score
Funny how RJ Cole,Bouknight, Akok and Gaffney were all signed before there was any news of us going to the BE. Those 4 alone appear to be better than any recruit Ollie ever brought in. Soooo yeah, looks like youre the one in lalaland.

I mean, how quickly do we forget about Daniel Hamilton and Jalen Adams? These were stud recruits. Ollie was on that bench recruiting when we brought in Napier and Boatright. In fact, Daniels developed a lot under him too. Ollie coached his butt off when he first got the job. He did a marvelous job. He developed players. Then he stopped doing it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Big East is to the AAC what most posters here are to you.

1000x better.
Damn Guap that was harsh.

Reaction Score
Ollie coached his butt off when he first got the job. He did a marvelous job. He developed players. Then he stopped doing it.
So you pull out names to counter my point only to agree and make the very point ive been making. Thanks. Im sure you'll twist this around some how to make it seem like youre not making my very point. Knock yourself out.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’ve had enough of that Puddinhead Wilson
Lol, note that I did not say it wasn't funny. It was, which is exactly what made it so devastating.

Reaction Score
So you pull out names to counter my point only to agree and make the very point ive been making. Thanks. Im sure you'll twist this around some how to make it seem like youre not making my very point. Knock yourself out.

OK, I'll twist it around.

You said Ollie couldn't get any top recruits.

I named the top recruits he got.

I don't agree with any point you're making other than, perhaps, that Ollie did not work very hard at coaching after the NC.

But that doesn't mean we're not totally opposed when it came to the statement about not being able to get any recruits. Hamilton and Jalen Adams were actually even more sought after than players like Napier and Boatright.

Reaction Score
God this is a stupid thread. The Big East helps with recruits. That should not be an arguable sentiment and has been confirmed by a number of quotes from recruits so far. That doesn't mean that UConn didn't land good recruits in the AAC or that other AAC teams aren't landing recruits. This is like three pages of straw men arguments just so that a few posters can be "right".

Reaction Score
God this is a stupid thread. The Big East helps with recruits. That should not be an arguable sentiment and has been confirmed by a number of quotes from recruits so far. That doesn't mean that UConn didn't land good recruits in the AAC or that other AAC teams aren't landing recruits. This is like three pages of straw men arguments just so that a few posters can be "right".

That is basically like every other BY thread.

Reaction Score
Ollie lost connections with the New England prep schools.

In 2014 Hamilton was a great recruit, but the drop off after Hamilton was a sign of issues (Cassel and Lubin), with none of the recruits from NE/NYC. After Adams and Enoch in 2015, the 2016 commits were Durham (Florida) Gilbert (Georgia), Jackson (Cali) and lower rated Mamadou and Vital from New England preps. This was a great class (8th nationally) not because of local recruits. Injuries to Gilbert and Mamadou, Durham's recovery from ACL, Enoch's age and inexperience made Vital the only real contributor.

An argument can be made that the start of Ollie's downfall was the Gilbert and Durham injuries, and the lack of interest in the AAC schedule. Post 2016, Ollie had no traction with NE preps. It is unclear whether he pissed off the prep coaches or whether the coaches sensed or saw what was occurring and pushed their kids elsewhere. The 2017 class (Polley, Williams, Carlton and Whaley) was 84 in the nation and nothing from NE/NYC. The Jackson/Durham/Hamilton/Enoch departures are for another discussion

With Hurley's 1st real class Uconn gets 4 guys from Northeast prep schools and a transfer that was from a NJ prep. How much in BE related is not quantifiable, but I suspect there is a huge benefit that Hurley is reaping.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
There is no evidence that being in the Big East helps us recruit, except for every single player we are recruiting to a man saying it's a big reason why they are considering us.

Is there even a need for a thread for this?

Reaction Score
There is no evidence that being in the Big East helps us recruit, except for every single player we are recruiting to a man saying it's a big reason why they are considering us.

Is there even a need for a thread for this?
E54FE409-E8D2-450C-BCE6-979097E02826.png

Reaction Score
OK, I'll twist it around.

You said Ollie couldn't get any top recruits.

I named the top recruits he got.

I don't agree with any point you're making other than, perhaps, that Ollie did not work very hard at coaching after the NC.

But that doesn't mean we're not totally opposed when it came to the statement about not being able to get any recruits. Hamilton and Jalen Adams were actually even more sought after than players like Napier and Boatright.
I didnt say he couldn't get top recruits. The point I was making was that being in the AAC did not effect our recruiting like people are making it out to be and it is Ollie who is mostly to blame for the fall of the program. Again you prove my point. Ollie was still able to pull in recruits even being in the AAC when he put in the work in the beginning but once he fell off the recruiting and program fell off. Again its goes back to Ollie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom