Big East Helps UConn Draw Recruits | The Boneyard

Big East Helps UConn Draw Recruits

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That article is vintage Zagoria.

He takes an article he wrote whenever, repackages the quotes, adds some info cribbed from articles other people write and bam, hits publish. He grabs that bit about Ray Allen and throws it in there without realizing that he’s missed the context of the quote.

Reaction Score

He takes an article he wrote whenever, repackages the quotes, adds some info cribbed from articles other people write and bam, hits publish. He grabs that bit about Ray Allen and throws it in there without realizing that he’s missed the context of the quote.

But this time for the New York Times!

Reaction Score

I was thinking all the same things reading it. Did he learn how to write like that in college? Practically all his articles are the same.

The Ray Allen quote doesn't belong there. Zagoria is such a dope. (Sorry husky99 if I've offended you.).

Reaction Score
it takes about two seconds to look at the respective recruiting classes to realize memphis was the exception last year. the big east currently has 3 teams in the top 25 and none of them are named villanova. 6 teams have atleast one 4 star committed and that's with nova basically taking the year off.

houston is the only AAC school with a 4 star committed right now, other than UConn, which basically counts as big east team as far as 2020 recruiting is concerned. the respective recruiting isn't in the same ballpark

Reaction Score
maybe if UConn won some games in the AAC they would have recruited better.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I was thinking all the same things reading it. Did he learn how to write like that in college? Practically all his articles are the same.

The Ray Allen quote doesn't belong there. Zagoria is such a dope. (Sorry husky99 if I've offended you.).

idk his metrics of course, but if it makes him money, guess the jokes on us. clicks win. if you can bang one of those articles out in 15 minutes and generate revenue, you're winning.

Reaction Score
BE > AAC
AAC + $$$$$$$ > BE

AAC $$$ are a misnomer considering we have to pay to produce our games, we also get to save on travel costs for 99% of our sports. We don't get Andre Jackson or Javonte Brown Ferguson if we aren't in the Big East. Big East=A Good thing

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
AAC $$$ are a misnomer considering we have to pay to produce our games, we also get to save on travel costs for 99% of our sports. We don't get Andre Jackson or Javonte Brown Ferguson if we aren't in the Big East. Big East=A Good thing

He's talking about Memphis buying recruits.

Reaction Score
Is it the Big East or Hurley drawing recruits? There are two moving parts here. Ollie was drawing recruits until he lost them all.

Reaction Score
Is it the Big East or Hurley drawing recruits? There are two moving parts here. Ollie was drawing recruits until he lost them all.
Both recruits have specifically mentioned the Big East when they committed so it's definitely a huge benefit

Reaction Score
maybe if UConn won some games in the AAC they would have recruited better.
What does it say about our program that we can't recruit without the help of being in a "good" conference?Pretty much says the Uconn name doesn't mean much. BS! I think being in the big east helping us is a myth. Our recruiting fell off because the guy doing the recruiting wasn't very good at recruiting plain and simple. Ollie was a straight up trash recruiter.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What does it say about our program that we can't recruit without the help of being in a "good" conference?Pretty much says the Uconn name doesn't mean much. BS! I think being in the big east helping us is a myth. Our recruiting fell off because the guy doing the recruiting wasn't very good at recruiting plain and simple. Ollie was a straight up trash recruiter.
Just say no.

Reaction Score
Both recruits have specifically mentioned the Big East when they committed so it's definitely a huge benefit
Its a myth. Olliie was a trash recruiter. If we had spent the last 5 years with high seeds in the tourney, winning national titles and constantly in the top 10 and Ollie got off his rear end and put in the work recruits wouldn't care what conference we were in. It'd be about going to Uconn.

Reaction Score
Its a myth. Olliie was a trash recruiter. If we had spent the last 5 years with high seeds in the tourney, winning national titles and constantly in the top 10 and Ollie got off his rear end and put in the work recruits wouldn't care what conference we were in. It'd be about going to Uconn.
Exactly. Ollie/UConn simply did not get it done. To blame it on the conference situation is lazy and disingenuous, this was an in-house failure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom