Big East expert picks, 2020-21 preview from CBSSports.com | The Boneyard

Big East expert picks, 2020-21 preview from CBSSports.com

Reaction Score
They pick the Huskies to finish 4th, behind Villanova, Creighton and Seton Hall.

UConn is returning to its roots this season in rejoining the Big East, the conference where Jim Calhoun once transformed the Huskies into a national power. Fittingly, coach Dan Hurley has perhaps his best team since taking over the program as they enter a new era. Sophomore James Bouknight is a huge reason we're optimistic about this team's prospects, and with transfer RJ Cole joining him, the star power in this backcourt could wind up being special. Tons of athleticism and scoring potency on this roster.

Reaction Score
The Big East better expect some tough defense to be thrown at them when they play the Huskies, because UConn has waves of players coming at you.

Not going to be afraid to foul down low, not with Whaley, Springs, Sanogo and Carlton there, and add Akok later in the season, and you can expect to see some bruises down there. Better hit your free throws.

Similarly, they're not going to be shy with Andre Jackson, Polley, Adams, Martin holding down the wings.

Bouknight might be the only one who they'll keep a watch on when it comes to fouls.

Cole and Gaffney will also need to be somewhat mindful.

This is a very exciting team. Look out if they get that defensive mindset going.

Reaction Score
I'm always stunned by how terrible most major college basketball website previews are. 5 people on staff and all you can manage is one tiny 4-sentence paragraph blurb for each team and 1 paragraph about each of the major awards? With 0 actual insight, just the expected narratives.

You had months for this stuff. This is the internet. You don't need to stick with magazine editorial standards.

Reaction Score
the Big East regular season standings will finish as follows:

1. Villanova
2. UConn
3. Creighton
4. Seton Hall
5. Providence
6. St. John’s
7. Butler
8. X
9. Marquette
10. DePaul
11. Georgetown

Here is what will occur post regular season:
* UConn will defeat Creighton in the Big East Tournament Championship game.
* UConn will be defeated by Wisconsin in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
* Villanova will advance the farthest of the Big East teams losing in the Elite 8.
* Seton Hall will become UConn’s hated rival.
* St. John’s will be much improved now that it has someone who knows how to coach. SJU’s foolish experiment of hiring someone with absolutely no coaching experience (Chris Mullin) ended in failure. Having watched Arkansas play many time I assure you that Anderson is a savvy coach.
* X will fire its coach Travis Steele at the end of the season.
* Creighton’s Greg McDermott will leave to accept a position at Boston College.
* UConn’s Dan Hurley will be mentioned for the Georgia Tech head position but will decline and remain at UConn.
* UConn Associate Head Coach Kimani Young will accept head position at either Fordham or Manhattan.
* We will all be glad as hell for UConn to be playing geographic rivals rather than the nondescript AAC teams.

Reaction Score
PROVIDENCE?????
YES Providence, not counting the NCAA Tournament (because we have work to do) PC is solidified in the "NBE" or "ZBE" what ever you guys call it. We won the "NBE" Championship in 2014, Bryce Cotton MVP (Should have been BE POY 1st in scoring, but they gave it to Mcdermott) In 2018 knock off that same Xavier team that made a deep run and lost to NCAA champ Nova in OT(last team to give them a go, they smoked everyone on way the the championship)Last yr finish 4th behind Creighton, Nova and Hall who all finished 13-5 and PC 12-6..... If Not for a buzzer beater by Zeg at Creighton and a stinker late February @ Carneseca(I hate that court) PC wins the BE. Don't know if you been watching but PC is not a pushover anymore and will continue to be in the upper tier of the BE............again this is not about the past with UCONN prestige and NCs or PC tourney wins which I mentioned in the beginning, it's about the Big East.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
YES Providence, not counting the NCAA Tournament (because we have work to do) PC is solidified in the "NBE" or "ZBE" what ever you guys call it. We won the "NBE" Championship in 2014, Bryce Cotton MVP (Should have been BE POY 1st in scoring, but they gave it to Mcdermott) In 2018 knock off that same Xavier team that made a deep run and lost to NCAA champ Nova in OT(last team to give them a go, they smoked everyone on way the the championship)Last yr finish 4th behind Creighton, Nova and Hall who all finished 13-5 and PC 12-6..... If Not for a buzzer beater by Zeg at Creighton and a stinker late February @ Carneseca(I hate that court) PC wins the BE. Don't know if you been watching but PC is not a pushover anymore and will continue to be in the upper tier of the BE............again this is not about the past with UCONN prestige and NCs or PC tourney wins which I mentioned in the beginning, it's about the Big East.

Shhh...Daddy’s home, sweetie.

Reaction Score
Lol you really think PC is back???? Make it of the first two rounds then come back

Reaction Score
Hey I’ll hand it to PC, they recovered after those loses to UPenn, Long Beach, and Charleston and had a pretty good season. Turned it on late just like us and went on a mad winning streak (7 games!) Gonna be fun to catch a competitive conference road game again. Been so long since I could say that!

Reaction Score

I get being a fan of your team but that is just wrong and really easy to look up. 1. Cotton averaged basically 5 ppg less than Doug(on way worse fg%) and 2. Not only did McDermott lead the BE in scoring he led the nation in scoring.

Thanks for reminding me about that Zegorowski shot though, that was fun.

Reaction Score
Lol you really think PC is back???? Make it of the first two rounds then come back
If you read the post it wasn't about the ncaa tournament, it's about the NBE or ZBE, which we are solidified in. Your stint in the AAC really does you know justice

Reaction Score
If you read the post, it's not about the NCAA tournament, it's about the BE or the NBE what ever you guys call it. PC is solidified in the conference. Your stint in the AAC definitely does not warrant any trash talk when it comes to the "NBE" or "ZBE" and that is facts

Reaction Score
Hey, if only they didn’t lose those last couple games......
What games, we ended the year on like a 7 game win streak and had like 8 quad 1 wins, 12-6 in the BE while you guys finished like 9 in the AAC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hey I’ll hand it to PC, they recovered after those loses to UPenn, Long Beach, and Charleston and had a pretty good season. Turned it on late just like us and went on a mad winning streak (7 games!) Gonna be fun to catch a competitive conference road game again. Been so long since I could say that!
Finally a fan who watches the games and is not living in the UConn past.

Reaction Score
I get being a fan of your team but that is just wrong and really easy to look up. 1. Cotton averaged basically 5 ppg less than Doug(on way worse fg%) and 2. Not only did McDermott lead the BE in scoring he led the nation in scoring.

Thanks for reminding me about that Zegorowski shot though, that was fun.

My fault, could have sworn he led the conference in scoring. I get that they gave it to Mcdermott, but Bryce Cotton played in both the old and new BE and carry PC. Creighton was in the conference one yr and didn't didn't go thru the rough schedule of the old BE which Cotton did and balled, but I'll take the BET MVP. As far as the Creighton game that shot was clutch, but PC did return the favor at home in the next game killing them by like 25.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am so thankful that my life took a different turn and I didn’t have to peruse other teams’ message boards on a Saturday night.
It is quite funny that there are active posters from many other opposing teams on here but yet I’ve never once thought to go on another teams board, letalone post on them. And almost every one of them talks about UConn being stuck in the past, then why do you care so much what is said on their fans message board? Clearly still quite relevant in your heads.

Reaction Score
So you rather trash talk with your fans or opposing fans?
My point is I have zero reason to go on a Providence board to read what their fans have to say, and then take the time to create a handle and comment. Its very little brother to do, and frankly there are no teams I look up to and wish my team was like, so I guess it’s humbling that you come here to see what it’s like to be part of a real program.
As far as “trash talking” with fans or opposing fans, I have no interest in trash talking fans of UConn and not sure where you would get that from me questioning going on another teams site. Bottom line my point is it must really suck to be a fan of a team that’s done so little you need to go on other teams site to try to explain what they have done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom